the hmo stork left me this

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by asmallsol@May 12 2004, 01:02 AM
Also, in SOHC honda's, there were about 4 diffrent valve covers and only a few said VTEC. The 93 del Sol SI's came with the black "non VTEC label" d16z6 valve cover.

yup

my 93 Si had a plain black valve cover ... the idiots at the place i bought it thought it was an S model :)

Not to thread Jack but my engine is a d15b8 (dont ask why) and I would love to change 70 hp to 130 hp. Would it be better to me get a D15b Vtec block from HMO or a D16z6 from a somebody else. See because HMO sells she D15b longblock and the only thing I would probably need is the ecu to engage Vtec. The same thing for a D16z6 if im correct I can use the same stuff like the axles, tranny, and d series stuff already in del sol. Im just a NEWBIE so Help would be appreciated. And another question is would engine might be better for a small turbo. :worthy:

you need a better tranny if you want to do that swap. also get a po8 ecu cuz its one wire o2 like you car.

shit i bought in the last month

d15b = 435
tranny = 150
shipping = 200
strut bar =20
clutch = 150
flywheel = 200
wheels = 50
azenis x 4 = 302
mounting and rim fixin = 95
po8 ecu = 80
hubbies = 60
corner lens and fender = 30
square out deer dent = 207
misc = 200

if you have a cx tranny its not worth keeping...

Back