The Honda/Fiat X19 - What engine to use?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HondaX19

I'm new to the Honda world, so I'll ask some dumb questions as I work on this project. I aquired a Fiat X19 roller that was built for road racing. I would like to run it in SCCA Super Production this next year, which means anything goes for the engine. I want it to be fast enough to be lots of fun. My target would be to get about 400HP. I'm looking for something that will be reasonable cost wise, can get parts, has a big knowledge base, so a Honda drivetrain of some kind makes sense to me. So my first question for the experts among you is what engine should I use for this project? I'm expecting to use a turbo, I can make the turbo setup, I will use an aftermarket ECU, this is for race only, so no need to worry about OBD or any of that kind of stuff, just reliable HP for the least cost. I need to get an engine/tranny to start in on the Honda swap, so what do I need to get?

I'll need something that is a FWD setup (I'll be putting it in the rear), so the S2000 front engine setup won't work.

Seems like you could find a better platform if you're going for a 400hp scca car. Tube framed? Aftermarket suspension setup?

I can't immagine the nightmares of stuffing an h22 and turbo guts into that tiny little hole.

Back