the house hunt continues....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
tossed the other one. too damn old. it was falling apart it looked like.

which leads me to this one:

http://www.realtor.com/Prop/1047395785

dinky-ass house.... SOME lawn...
4-car garage...

and a master bedroom bigger than the living room. lol

looks like it could use SOME work... but the house it self appears to be in decent shape. i'm hoping to go look at this sometimes this week.

It FLOORS me every time I hear a price on a house in that area.

Oh well.. It looks like its in alot better shape than the last one.

shit no dude ....that house looks like a wreck and the yard......(.25 acres) for 179k .... i would say to the seller

shutup.gif

this one has more land than the last house dude.... the hosue is a little smaller, but its newer.

i dunno...

there just isn't shit to buy that i really want that i can afford. i'm going to HAVE to settle for something less.

i really should just sell both my cars, then i wouldn't need such a garage...

Originally posted by corvetteguy@Aug 8 2005, 01:04 PM
East Hartford 225k

Bristol 174k

sounthington 219k

Sweet house in Simsbury 236k

I think we have a winner Bristol 236k
[post=537408]Quoted post[/post]​

You just jumped $50,000 from what he wants to spend and can realistically afford. It sounds as if he's going to be overextending himself a little too far if he goes higher up in the price range. Those last two houses I would be suprised if they didn't sell over their asking price for $250,000+.

Originally posted by corvetteguy@Aug 8 2005, 02:04 PM
East Hartford 225k

not living east of the river... that place scares me.

same price, less land, no garage. no thanks

better yard, but still, no garage...

damn, taht ain't bad at all... but 235 is a little more than i can afford...
add simsbury taxes on top of that, and i'm simply priced out of it.
and then i have a 30 min commute, so gas expenses go up... etc etc....

I think we have a winner Bristol 236k
[post=537408]Quoted post[/post]​

i've actually seen that house before...

its a good price for the home, but its still out of my afordablility range. i'd need 600 /month from a roomate to afford that. look at the taxes-- listed at 4k. shit...

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Aug 8 2005, 01:10 PM-->
corvetteguy

You just jumped $50,000 from what he wants to spend and can realistically afford. It sounds as if he's going to be overextending himself a little too far if he goes higher up in the price range. Those last two houses I would be suprised if they didn't sell over their asking price for $250,000+.
[post=537412]Quoted post[/post]​

<shrug> before he was lookin at 250k + houses ;)

My colleage just bought a house two months ago with more sq. ft. 1/3 acre for 149k in Bristol right around the corner from me. Southington is more overpriced than Bristol now...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 8 2005, 11:30 AM
:(
[post=537427]Quoted post[/post]​

lol that's gotta feel like a cockpunch

I know how you feel, man. Everytime I'm looking for something I'm either outpriced or can't find it anywhere, then when I settle for something less they're all over the place for the right price.

its like, check it out guys- my new house! and i on;y paid 125k for her!

big_box.jpg

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 8 2005, 01:39 PM
its like, check it out guys- my new house! and i on;y paid 125k for her!

big_box.jpg

[post=537432]Quoted post[/post]​

:wtf2: there is no garage

I suppose its the lot that costs so much? I mean, the last few houses you've posted aren't worth much... Just the house itself. I mean, you could build a bigger, brand new house for like $100,000. Is it the Lot that is so killer on the price???

an acre of land here will cost you about 150-200 all by it self... depending on the neghborhood.

so, figure, with 1/4 acre, 40-60k of the price is just the land most likely.

Back