the house hunt continues....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Just to give a perspective, my house is 1100 sq.ft. / .25 acre. no garage, fenced rear yard, wallingford (home of the kkk, lol) it was just appraised at $235K. I bought it last year for $145K, (appraised value was $170K)
most houses near me w/ garages are goig for $300K and up
ones without are starting at $249K

I know you want a garage, but you could probably find a house without a garage for a far better price , and build on yourself cheaper than buying a house with a garage .

this on is in a sweet area of town (wallingford ~ $200k)
http://www.realtor.com/

meriden
this one is in a good local. $200K
Meriden 1

this one is in a good part as well. ($165K)
Meriden 2

another
Meriden 3

one more
Meriden 4

Originally posted by phyregod@Aug 8 2005, 02:54 PM
I suppose its the lot that costs so much? I mean, the last few houses you've posted aren't worth much... Just the house itself. I mean, you could build a bigger, brand new house for like $100,000. Is it the Lot that is so killer on the price???
[post=537485]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, the CT landgrab is almost over, and there is nothing left. NOTHING. The state may sell some of it's park and greenery.

And our power grid is topped out. And our roads suck. And our gasoline formulas differ by town. And it is now IMPOSSIBLE to live a quaint, new-england life. Cuz if you live in a postcard town in New England, you aren't quaint.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity+Aug 8 2005, 04:24 PM-->
@Aug 8 2005, 02:54 PM
I suppose its the lot that costs so much?  I mean, the last few houses you've posted aren't worth much...  Just the house itself.  I mean, you could build a bigger, brand new house for like $100,000.  Is it the Lot that is so killer on the price???
[post=537485]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, the CT landgrab is almost over, and there is nothing left. NOTHING. The state may sell some of it's park and greenery.

And our power grid is topped out. And our roads suck. And our gasoline formulas differ by town. And it is now IMPOSSIBLE to live a quaint, new-england life. Cuz if you live in a postcard town in New England, you aren't quaint.

-> Steve
[post=537551]Quoted post[/post]​

Quick Summary...Ct sucks mmmmkk

The metropolitan North East, New York included, is where you go to make money. The rest of the country is where you enjoy it and raise a family.

-> Steve

get this...and rent out the other 2 floors to pay your mortage...and then your golden..

plus it has a 2 car garage...and room to build more garages...

and...it's the house two houses down...

betterr hurry...I was talking to the guy thats the realitor...and he said if you put an offer of $200K's...you'll prolly get it. He want's it for himself...and my wife even wants it...I can rent out all three levels, and the garages...and still have $500-$700 a month as an income...hehe

Looks like it's painted with Ambrosia. Offers are $200k ? Is this like.. IN your neighborhood ?

-> Steve

B, here's the link to when I bought my house a few months ago...

Just to add fuel to the "I hate you for having cheap property and taxes" fire.

http://www.ms-mls.com/NWMARReports/ListitL...illog_id=253373

My full ESCRO note is $674.76 per month, my neighborhood is pristine, my neighbors ROCK, I'm 300 yards from the main strip in the area, and the movie theater is less than 1/4 mile away. :)

I was talking to my other neighbor...directly across the street from my house...and he said he's thinking of selling...and not to bad of a price. $170K...small garage, 2-3 br, back yard , and a pool...if you need a garage to work on a car...then I'm right across the street...and that way you won't need to buy any tools... ;)

Originally posted by Airjockie@Aug 12 2005, 05:41 AM
I was talking to my other neighbor...directly across the street from my house...and he said he's thinking of selling...and not to bad of a price.  $170K...small garage, 2-3 br, back yard , and a pool...if you need a garage to work on a car...then I'm right across the street...and that way you won't need to buy any tools... ;)
[post=539184]Quoted post[/post]​

Now THAT is what I'm talking about. You let me know when the sign goes up.

I hate Meriden too... but Clayton's neighborhood is nice, and the only piece of Meriden that lies between you and Southington is a really nice park, 2 convenience stores and a restaurant / pub. It's like living on the outskirts of Southington without the taxes.

-> Steve

EDIT: In ground pool ? Because I hate pools.

above ground pool with a deck....

and a sweet deck off the house...

house inside is almost done...and looks sweet... ;)

Originally posted by corvetteguy@Aug 8 2005, 12:53 PM
shit no dude ....that house looks like a wreck and the yard......(.25 acres) for 179k .... i would say to the seller

shutup.gif

[post=537401]Quoted post[/post]​

WAH WAH WAH Move to Anne Arundel county maryland then try bitching about prices.

Where I live townhouses start out in the $400s

once again a piece of shit house like B listed for 179k would go for 250+ here.

I can't get over how many people are clueless to the realestate market in the northeast areas.

Since 02 most of the nicer homes have went up 200% in value. the crappy houses like what B listed have gone up in the 100% range.

179K for .25 acre with a single detached garage, 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom would be a heck of a deal. If I saw that in this area a year ago I would have put an offer on it 5 mins after seeing the ad. I wouldnt even look at it in person.

IF my house goes up 200%..then I'm selling it, the cars, and everything...and moving back to Japan... :)

Originally posted by Celerity+Aug 12 2005, 12:57 PM-->
Airjockie
@Aug 12 2005, 05:41 AM
I was talking to my other neighbor...directly across the street from my house...and he said he's thinking of selling...and not to bad of a price. $170K...small garage, 2-3 br, back yard , and a pool...if you need a garage to work on a car...then I'm right across the street...and that way you won't need to buy any tools... ;)
[post=539184]Quoted post[/post]​

Now THAT is what I'm talking about. You let me know when the sign goes up.

I hate Meriden too... but Clayton's neighborhood is nice, and the only piece of Meriden that lies between you and Southington is a really nice park, 2 convenience stores and a restaurant / pub. It's like living on the outskirts of Southington without the taxes.

-> Steve

EDIT: In ground pool ? Because I hate pools.
[post=539276]Quoted post[/post]​

without the taxes???? Meridens mill rate it 39 or 42 , quite high I'd say. compared to wallingford at 26.2, I do agree that clayton lives in a nicer part of meriden, I used to live right down the street. It is pretty much like being in southington, but the taxes are higher alot higher.

2005 data
Southington
Actual Mill Rate (2002) 27.0

Meriden
Actual Mill Rate (2002) 37.0

Wallingford
Actual Mill Rate (2002) 25.0

reference
http://products.cerc.com/pdf/tp/southington.pdf
http://products.cerc.com/pdf/tp/meriden.pdf
http://products.cerc.com/pdf/tp/wallingford.pdf

oh shit, thanks. I thought it was the other way around.

damn i wish houses were those prices down here in NJ. The prices here are going through the roof. Thats why im glad im buying my parents house for $150. If i sit on it for 10 years i can probably sell it for double. I would like to just buy a piece of land and build a house. $100k for custom built house will get you like 2500sq ft or even more. I would look into that option but from what i gather land is running out up there.

Back