The how to get your dog to stop crapping in the living room thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

take the dog out ALOT.

wake it up and take it out, feed it and take it out. comercial break take it out.

i also recomend walking it and taking it to the park for energy release

and you dont need to hit the dog, you can take a news paper and slap the floor next to him while you say NO.

and crates are good for alone time, not for all day use, the dog will get anxious and youll hate the way it will act around other people.

well so far...ive had this puppy of mine for 2 days...and i have him a lil fenced in cage inside the house when im asleep and at school or work...i put pee pads in the cage and so far he knows to pee on them...so far he also knows that when we go outside...its time to do your business and get back in the house to get a treat...hes only 8 weeks...so either im just assuming he knows whats going on (cuz maybe im just gettin lucky right now)...or hes actually catching on pretty damn fast...lol...no crate involved either...lol...i just wanna make sure i get him in the right routine and the right schedule

my dog pisses every hour or two when i give him tap water. when i give him bottled water he does not go that often. even at night he wakes up mutiple times when he needs to go out bc of the tap water. kinda weird idk.

We feed him Purina puppy food, dry, supposidly has more meat which makes them poop less. We have a large crate but have it walled off inside so its just big enough for him to turn around and lay down. We still take him out every hour-two hours and praise him when he goes outside.

heres a couple pics of my new puppy...hes a boxer mix...not sure what hes mixed with though....lol

1421328394_l.jpg

1420957991_l.jpg

Back