The Insurance topic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Welcome to the family.

Great rate and, yes, credit is a big factor with State Farm, progressive and GEICO. It's bigger than your driving record (other than aggregious tickets)!!!!!

100/300/50 would be sufficient but for about $5-$10 more, having the extra $50,000 in property damage is better.

Just to clarify, the $5,000 in med pay pays for passengers of your vehicle and YOU if someone is injured or killed no matter who is at fault while occupying, entering into or alighting from an insured auto. It even pays if YOU are struck as a pedestrian.

What you were talking about in your original post is Uninsured Motorist and it should be equal to your BI limits. It pays for you and resident relatives of your household if you're injured and the at-fault party either has less than your 100/300 or is completely uninsured.

yup- my bi and my umi are both 100/300

and thats cool about the medical thing.

so if a drunk walks into my car and spilsl beer on my face, and i get some in my eye, i get 5k?

progressive can lick my hairy bean bag. Granted i have a 4 page record on file with them :( so i kinda deserve my 488 A MONTH. But thankfully my fiance has a sweet ass driving record. 99 civic, 99 Jeep Grand Cher. and my third car lol 135 a month.. good deal

I used to pay $1200 a year, two cars fully covered and one liability. Those were the good ole days. Then 2003 happened.

Now I pay $1200 a year for my Celica, mildly insured.

When I was 25 I had 5 cars and paid $1800 a year.

-> Steve

so if a drunk walks into my car and spil[l]s beer on my face, and i get some in my eye, i get 5k?

nope.

It pays for up to $5,000 in medical bills or funeral benefits. If you don't have any medical bills, you don't get any money.

Sorry

a claim that we had in Michigan is a classic.

A policyholder's daughter got banged by her boyfriend in the backseat of the insured vehicle.

guess what? 9 months later she pops out a little bundle of joy. Well, there really wasn't all that much joy.

Some wise-ass plaintiff attorney asks if her and her boyfriend if they meant to get pregnant.

"Of course not!!!", they say, "It was an accident"

The attorney argues that accidental conception is a covered loss. Short version is that we fought about it and lost.

In Michigan, there is no limit to Personal Injury Protection. We paid for the birth of the baby and then some.

Of course, we immediately changed the policy to prevent us from being the parents to anyone else's "accident"

Damn. I must be doing REALLY well, then.

I have my brand new truck, my Mustang GT, and my Civic (with 5k in optional mods covered) all on full coverage, maximum benefits and a $200 deductable, and I pay $660/6 months.

USAA RAWKS, folks.

Plus, they got me an online bank account that pays a percentage back on check card usages like a Discover card, and they pay any ATM fees because it's an "out of area" bank type system with prepaid deposit envelopes, and free Western Union service for cash deposits. :p

its also where you live too man...

your dollar goes a LOT farther down there than 1 dollar up here.

a gallon of store-brand milk is like 3.29
marb's are 4.50-4.80
gas is 2.10 for 87 2.35-2.50 for 93

according to my quote on progressive, may rate was "17% higher than average because of where i live"

Back