The kitchen and crack!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
Well....

When we moved in, I thought the kitchen looked fine...and I posted a while back on how the wife didn't like the wallpaper in the kitchen...so she started to peel it off the wall.....

well...the wall came with the wall paper...and left some holes in the wall...where the old plaster was falling apart from age, moisture, and just the basic elements...

So..we tore down a few walls in the kitchen....and then we left it as is for about a month while we worked on another project...and another..and another....well...this week, I got back into the kitchen...and started to get some major work done.

Here's whats the wall looked like when we bought the house...
agd.jpg

Here's what we tore down.....
aab.jpg

It's in need of a lot of work...not to much...but enough to warrent a full rebuild...
aac.jpg

aad.jpg

aae.jpg

So...a lot of destruction, and then a lot of cleaning...and we can see the outer wall...
aaf.jpg

Ewwwwww...an old wasp's nest...I'm glad nobodies home....

aag.jpg

aah.jpg

the next few pic's are...once again....are GRAPHIC....you have been warned...

Continue at your own risk....

aai.jpg

aaj.jpg

aak.jpg

And this is where I called it a day.....

aap.jpg

aaq.jpg

aau.jpg

and the gallery link... here

Time for some rest and a beer....

Tommorrow...is to get some more insulation, and to buy a new heat effieciant window, and try to get it installed and sealed , and but up some more sheetrock...hopefully..for the week-end...its just putty, sand, and paint...then I can plan the next step...to but the cabinates and fridge the way it was..or to knock down the wall to the adjoining pantry...and put them there...and have the dining tible in the middle of the room with a sunroom breakfast table....

more joys of owning a house..... :)

when she peeled off the wall papper..the wall came with it...in clumps...old plaster 'o' paris... :lol:

plus...it didn't have any insulation....and a house in the north east..with no insulation=high cost to heat in the winter time.....I'm going to try to get this damn house so well set, so next year...I can only pay $100 to heat the house for a month...and use the extra $400 I spend now to buy car parts and other items that please me... ;)

ahh. no sheet rock. that sucks. thats gonna be fun hanging that shit up...LOL. get a couple of buddies (**cough** Brian **cough**) to help you out and get it done faster.

I'm glad to see that you are being wise and putting insulation in there. If there wasn't pics of you doing it, I'd tell you to rip that shit down again and go buy some pink panther carpet...!!!

looks good and good luck with the house.

I did my share of building walls and other carpentry, I gave it up, it's a lot of work. I purposely built a wall without any type of level or any angling tools because the lady was a bitch. I bet she loved that wall, its still on a slant. :p

i gotta get out of my condo, i need to get a single home like this... i'd love to get into doing crap like this but it's hard for me to even find an hour a day to work out :(

:werd: I hear ya, I'm about to move out of my G-parents house, but I'm moving into an apartment. I would never have time to do anything, I barely have time to do anything besides work, I do get out on friday and saturday but I have to work early the next morning so I can't have as much fun as I'd like too.

damn, seeing all these pics makes me wish i had my house already...

my sister got hers about a year and a half ago and has been working on it pretty much non stop...
i can't wait to get my fixer upper

hey man good luck with the project. My dad brother and me had to do it to our place also. We had to tear every wall and re insulate and put sheetrock everywhere. It takes alot of time , money and patience. Good luck!

All that hard work and you forgot one important thing:

6142806.jpg

Plumbers putty! For filling in those plumbers cracks. :D

Good show.. you worked pretty quickly !

-> Steve

Looks like fun Clayton... :) We close on our house soon, but our interior has already been redone on our house...
P1010463.jpg

We just have outside stuff to do in the spring, and start doing the additions... :)

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Feb 2 2005, 05:02 PM
Looks like fun Clayton... :) We close on our house soon, but our interior has already been redone on our house...
P1010463.jpg

We just have outside stuff to do in the spring, and start doing the additions... :)
[post=455356]Quoted post[/post]​

Looking nice....but small... :blink: ...I hope there's a few other room there...

And it is fun..actuallly...while tearing down the old crap...just thinking about shit that bothers you...it lets the stress flow out super fast.....

Then the building part is easy....if you have the tools..and I've been stock piling tools since I moved in...and now it's time to finally use them...

the real reward is....the finished product...unlike a car....it's actually better...

When its something your going to live in for the next 10-15 years, getting it right the first time is all that matters....and not trying to impress any judges and crowds is the best, no real driving skills needed, and nobody can steal it in a heart beat....cuz..it's a house....

doing cars was fun, I'll still do them, and there will still be a monster or two coming to life this spring...but the house....is more important...I can finally knock down a wall, and build something sweet and to me and my wifes likings...with out pleading a landlord to do it...fuck landlords.....the money I spent on the last 3 years renting...it could have went for a better house...but ohh well...the situation didn't allow for that to happen for a while.

After busting my butt for the last few years..and I got a few more years left to bust butt...after everything settles down...then I will be happy.... :)

and today...we just got back from lowes...and have a new thermo window for the kitchen, it is very sweet...$180...for a 32X60 window, so more wood, a few more rolls of insulation, shims, and another stop to pick up another case of corona...and ciggs...so I'm set to get the rest of the wall done ...prolly work on it friday...

I love this home rebuilding shit...it's hard work, and taps into the wallet a little...but it will be well worth it in the longrun.

oh yeah... more rooms than that... Its a small house, but the inside is gorgeous, and has 3/4 of an acre to build on..
http://www.scrapinsi.com/photos/house

And I know what you mean... i can't wait to start doing things to it... I already have a few small things in mind...

Kick-ass little house :thumbsup: ....I thought you were looking into a condo or a co-op thingy...

the single house by it's self rock...nobody above you or below you, or next to you...so you don't have to worry too much about making too loud of noises at strange times of the day...

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 3 2005, 12:54 PM
Badass work man! Do you need a permit to do renovations like that?
[post=455866]Quoted post[/post]​

i think you do but oh well

Back