The Kustomizer

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
any of you all watch The Kustomizer on Discovery Channel? the guy called Big Daddy, took the front ends of 2 Mini Coopers and made a limo that was driveable from either end. LOL it was cool as hell to see it go sideways down the road. only thing i didnt like was the paint scheme. too much different shit but it was really bitching art work tho. oh they named the car Double Header.

missed the show but saw the commercial where they showed the mini going down the road

I watched the show, and let me say that cooper was AMAZING. they made that shit look EASY. And the paint job... OMG!

The guy made one mistake though... NEVER tell a painter how to paint. Thats like telling a singer how to sing.

But once again, that car was P I M P! :) I wish I could have seen it at SEMA this year... :(

Im not so sure that they made the job look easy as that they really embellish minor things in other shows.
I cant speak for anybody else, but im getting kind of bored with all of these customizing shows. I mean i loved junkyard (mega) wars, and initially monster garage was pretty interesting too (at least before jessie james got too good to help with anything other than a bit of token welding). Never been a fan of OCC much, or the other show analogous to that with old cars. Overhauling is ok but only because im a sadist and enjoy watching people stress about their vehicles being stolen (well, that and the fact that Foose does a great job and acts as more than just a figurehead). I mean i guess these shows are ok, but all the feigned drama (necessary to make the show appeal to some people, i know) really turns me away from the shows. But besides that the proliferation of fabrication and customization shows has other implications that arent always beneficial, and i've seen them in my auto body repair class this semester.
In the first day of class our professor asked about our motives for joining the class, somewhere between 1/2 to 3/4 of the people responded about how they were planning to start their own customization shop (i later confered with the prof. and it turns out that within the last 2 years there have been an increasing number of people of that mindset). All these people want to do is paint, and when the prof told them that painting is rough to get into because of the ratio of body guys to painters, i could see their dreams of Jessie Jamesness shattering. Even shouldered with that dissapointment though they have continued to trudge through the semester and tryed to have their hand on the three paint guns we share as a body class as much as possible, often infringing on those of us who really need them to primer our repairs. I guess what im really trying to say with all of this, is Fuck you Jessie James, you are a shitty asshole and a baby. And Fuck you fiegned customization show drama, you will be the target of my scorn so long as you continue to be employed by the discovery channel to make shows interesting to dumb people. /endrant
um.... sorry for threadjacking :ph34r:

well i have wanted to open a shop for 15 years now and myself and a budy are getting close 2-3 years and well have a full out shop as of now we have two smaller garages and do most wheeling trucks with light body work (i paint he welds)
I will not rice out cars for people i am talking about 10-60's cars old and nice

Back