The LAST Type R in EK Civic CX Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It turns over but wont start......:wtf:
Any Ideas?
No check engine light or any lights

I looking at the ingition wires now trying to tell If I am getting spark

Also where does the green wire that comes from a sensor on top of the thermostat go?

I have also noticed a slight amount of fuel *weeping* from the place that the fuel line hooks to the fuel rail.... I had to use the*eyelet* from my sohc vtec could that be a little off on the fitment or is a small film of fuel on the "eyelet" normal or ok?

what have you tried first of all.. rule out some of the maybes.. also i searched on some of your old post's.. did you use your stock harness spliced into the type R harness?

more info for a better response

I have used the Type r harness but Im pretty sure its all hooked up correctly.. as I have no check engine lights ....

I have checked to see that I am getting spark ...and I am....

When I removed the spark plugs they had no fuel on them at all
I don't think Im getting any gas to it

On the fuel rail there is a small phillips head screw at the fuel line end... does that affect the fuel flow..... ?

for example right now I have it tight ... should It be a little loose...?

:wtf::ghey:
I tried to loosen that screw on the fuel rail thing and the head of the screw just came off ... now I have it screwed in there good with no way of undo ing it...

Suggestions?

more... info... the bell shaped thing that I broke the screw off in is called a pulsation dampener......

more info... I have check it all out... fuel is definately in the fuel rail... The injectors must not work somehow....

They may be cloged up...

Or the wires going to them might not be telling them to shoot fuel....
If the wires are wrong would I get a check engine light?

I am very sure the four wires are right that come from the ecu....

do any other wires make the injectors do their thing...

Suggestions... ?

id' check the wiring for fuel also did you use the R ecu? if so what year.. Im not really sure but there is a imobilizer on the Type R Ecu (why i didn't use it with my R swap) Im not sure if that effects the ignition to where it wont turn at all or the gas flow. Might want to look into that.

pull the injectors make sure their not clogged..

The ecu is a P73 from a 98 spec JDM ITR
I will check the wires and pull the injectors out to check for physical problems..

What is the immoblizer and what exactly would it do, what sets it off and if it is set off how to I fix it... :D

yes it did. exactly the ecu i have. the imbolizer will not let you turn the car over unless you have a chipped key which came with the type R cars. There are places you can go to get the imbolizer taken off.. it pretty much consists of opening it up and doing shit to the circuit board.

I'll look around for the link showing how to do it.. i haven't had to use it in a while.. (might be on civicland.com i can't remember) But it's deff not something you should do yourself if your scared to get into sesitive electronics.

Your alternatives:

Run a b16 or Gsr ECU no imobilizer on it and it has almost the same fuel curve although if you get a v/s-afc to fine tune your fuel you'd be better off. But if you run a b16 ecu, you will need a new harness (SI harness). I have the same motor setup as you pretty much as far as what is in what

Get the imobolizer removed ususally about 200 bucks (including the ecu)

I have a b16 ecu if you need to buy one. 99-00

ONe other fact .... I have a very small vacuum hose that comes from the back right of the intake manifold... I couldn't find a place to hook it up in the engine bay so I plugged it up.....with a golf tee....

Could that be causing the fuel problem...... Should it be unpluged? and just dangling around....

dude im pretty sure the imob. is doing it's job.. keeping what it things is a potential theif stealing the car. I doubt it i know which one your talking about.. just plug it

Well I will call leo as password jdm and ask him if they have an immoblizer ... so that I will know for sure.....
I hope they do... because if its not that I DON"T have a clue how to make this thing run....

I even tired pulling the spark plugs and putting like 2-3 drops of gas in them and trying to start it...:rawr: didn't work...

This has a brief reference to an immobilizer but its on a 2000 model... http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=906684&postid=10355669

It also shows the vacuum hose nipple that I have ... that it turns out is not on the usdm type r..

I am not sure what year my motor is exactly only that it is a 98 spec..... so could be any year after that i guess before the type r changed like in 2001 i believe..

So if that girls 2000 type r had one ... mine most likely does too. I will still call leo... when they open (noon my time).

If it turns out that I need to get a dif ecu... I will go with something compatible with hondata so that means like a p72 or p28 and a OBD 1 conversion harness...
I do have the V-AFC but I don't really understand how to tune with it .... but I will worry about that when the time comes ( if I can get this jap. sucker to work):violin:

well you might be able to save your money if you just get a diff harness and use a diff ecu then tune it for a type R fuel map. IMO hondata is trash.. people will say yea or neh.. but i dont like them and i think their a waste of money.. solve all your problems get a motec III

I talked to leo at password ... he said that the immoblizer was most likely a usdm only thing.... hes had nobody else call him about problems with it..... He also said that if it DID have a immmoblizer that it wouln't turn over at all .....
so that means my injectors are not working for one reason or another....
Please help!

recheck your wiring to the injectors.. the integra was a two peice harness going from inside to the fuse box then from the fuse box through the firewall to the ecu.. how did you wire yours up?

Back