The Latest...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Prowler

Super Moderator
Since my Mustang has been in the paper since Friday, I've only had two calls.
The first guy wants my car for a project car. He currently has a 90's TBird 3.8L that's supercharged at 13psi, front mount aftercooler, lowered, and really clean (got to see it). He didn't know if he could afford the car at the moment. I was like 'why did you call then?' Whatever....
Anyways, today I got a much better call. A guy at an aftermarket detailing shop is interested. I'm showing him the car tomorrow.
The big thing is the second guy offered a trade. He has a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr. It's white and has similiar miles as the Mustang, and that's all I know.
He said if he likes the Mustang and I like the Jeep, he would do a straight trade. His Jeep books at $9-10k with normal miles, so probably $8k value then.
So what should I do if the guy seriously wants my car? He said if I just wanted cash, he'd sell his Jeep to a guy at a car lot for $6500 and give me the cash. That sounds good.
Or....
Take the Jeep for the meantime, see how I like it, and if I don't, sell it for $8k. That's a $1500 profit. But then there's the hassle of selling another car.
What should I do? I'm definately a car person over being an SUV driver.
The Jetta is still around, and I think the Civic, too. So I could get either one for the cash from the Mustang.
Thoughts?

I say do the Jeep for a lil while. They are surprisingly nice vehicles and are really comfy. 'Course they get 11 miles to the gallon. Profit ownz, too, man. Just try the Jeep and see if you like it- if not, then sell it.

non-wrangler Jeeps suck. I'd highly suggest you get it checked out by a jeep dealer before doing the trade.

ask Ji.

Back