THE LS WENT TO THE TRACK

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleEPeR_CRX

hey all i finally took my LS to the track, here is a list of my mods

1992 Integra B18a
Short Ram Intake
2.25" exhaust ( with cat)
Crower 403 cams with springs and retainers
running around 9.8:1 compression
ACT HD clutch and pressure plate
13 lb flywheel

all my runs were ok but my 60' s were wayyy off of what i had them at b4, i cant launch at 4500, all i get is wheel spin.

1st Run
60' = 2.452
1/4 = 14.810
Trap = 94.32mph

2nd run
60' = 2.486
1/4 = 14.95
Trap=94.12mph

last run
60' = 2.370
1/4 = 14.73
trap = 95.03mph

Im not really pleased at all, i wanted 14.6's but i had mad wheel spin the whole time i was in 1st. Pick up great, and held together well. i should be able to hit 14.5's once i get my launch figured out. i only got 3 runs in cause some moron blew his engine and drove the whole length of the track, so it took 2 hours to clean. I also weighed the car... 2210 with me in it with a half full tank of gas, i wasnt expecting to run the car so i didnt have low fuel:.

it will get faster, i hope to have a header and a set of cam gears going in soon so i have something to tune.

Peace

what are you running for tires?

also, the 403's SHOULD be degreed. it even says so on the packaging. there's 10 horse right there.

and for next mod- b16 pistson. get some compression, and you'll have a fast car.

HOLY SHIT. Your car is pushing MPH out the ass if those are the only mods you've got. What does the car weigh? Stripped much?

[edit] I'm an idiot. 2210. I just read your whole post. [/edit]

you should be glad with thoese times......i have never modded a B18a/B without a VTEC head so i dont know the numbers the cams would give you. if i had that, i would be happy.

B im running bald toyo proxxie t1-s's on HEAVY ASS rims, they must weigh around 25 lbs each:(. today im gonig to trade them to a kid for the stock 5 spoke del sol rims with new tires, then save for some slicks. im also looking to get a set of cam gears. i doubt ill b able to get dyno time, cause theres like 1 dyno in my area, so does any1 have a starting point to degree my cams gears at? B what did bill set his cam gears to? so i have somewhere to start, then play with them from their.

Hurry up and get faster! Since I can't afford ins. on a DSM, I'm sticking with Honda afterall. I'm on a tight budget since I put my mom's car in a hole a few weeks back. All-motor B20 with a B16 tranny with LSD! Pretty much the same setup you have, just with a B20 and not the Ls tranny. You'll hit 13's. Shit, you're almost there. Better tires, lighter wheels and get those cams degreed...And you'd be doing it pretty cheap too.
Do you have a list of how much you've spent total?

lose the 25lb wheels ASAP. then work on feeathering your clutch. then watch your time magically get better :)

remember all my prices are in canadian so they might seem kinda off

Car= $6000 ( way overpaid)
Intake= $100
Cold air Dryer Tubing= $2
redshift racing motor mounts = $350
Exhaust and muffler = $500
Engine tranny axels ecu = $1800
crower 403 cams, springs and retainers = $1300
rims with toyo Proxxie T1-S tires = $1000
then just misc crap for around=$800

so thats about it for my car, so soon cam gears and header for 350 and ill be close to 14.5's...

So you've spent $11852 Canadian total? Not too bad. You did pay way too much for that Crx. How much is that in U.S. dollars? I don't know the currency rates.

ill try to do my best to break it all down to ya.
Car= 4000
intake = 60
Dryer tubing = 1.50
redshift racing motor mounts = 200
Exhaust and muffler = 350
Engine tranny axels ecu = $1000
crower 403 cams, springs and retainers = $700
rims with toyo Proxxie T1-S tires = 600
then just misc crap for around=$450

something close to that in american dollers.

B im running bald toyo proxxie t1-s's on HEAVY ASS rims,

t1-s are a decent tire---- for handeling. they are kinda like an azeni- horrible launch properties, great handling tire. there;s a few tenths possible in your 60' alone just by switching to a more "drag friendly" tire.
the wheels are alos holding you back im sure....

so does any1 have a starting point to degree my cams gears at?

I: +3
E: -2

would be a good start. you'll have a longer top end that way too.

what is your ecu cutting you off fuel wise?

B what did bill set his cam gears to?

he didn't. he has stock gears too.

last run
60' = 2.370
1/4 = 14.73
trap = 95.03mph

:worthy:

You'd surprise some WRXs and SRT-4s out of the hole...gotta give you that.

Can't wait to see what you run with better tires and lighter rims. good job :thumbsup:

my ecu is stock integra, so fuel cut it 7200. i wanna get it chipped tho. my friend ( who is the smartest honda guy alive) says to keep fuel curves but just take of rev limiter and fuel cut, so ill see what i can do when i get some $$. i got the 5 spoke del sol rims yesterday, cause my toyo's were bald, i can notice the lighter rim ALOT, so now i gotta get some slicks b/c theres no way i can race on 185x60xR14's... :(

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Sep 27 2003, 04:53 PM
lose the 25lb wheels ASAP. then work on feeathering your clutch. then watch your time magically get better :)

Throw some aluminum 15's on there instead of your current setup - big rims really slow down tiny crx's.

Not bad times though, way to go.

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Sep 28 2003, 01:58 AM
last run
60' = 2.370
1/4 = 14.73
trap = 95.03mph

:worthy:

You'd surprise some WRXs and SRT-4s out of the hole...gotta give you that.

Can't wait to see what you run with better tires and lighter rims. good job :thumbsup:

Wrx's and Srt4's are the next Civic's of the import world (ya know, the trendyist car - but what does this say about me? - maybe i should get one? :roll: :roll: )

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Sep 27 2003, 03:21 AM
hey all i finally took my LS to the track, here is a list of my mods

1992 Integra B18a
Short Ram Intake
2.25" exhaust ( with cat)
Crower 403 cams with springs and retainers
running around 9.8:1 compression
ACT HD clutch and pressure plate
13 lb flywheel

all my runs were ok but my 60' s were wayyy off of what i had them at b4, i cant launch at 4500, all i get is wheel spin.

1st Run
60' = 2.452
1/4 = 14.810
Trap = 94.32mph

2nd run
60' = 2.486
1/4 = 14.95
Trap=94.12mph

last run
60' = 2.370
1/4 = 14.73
trap = 95.03mph

Im not really pleased at all, i wanted 14.6's but i had mad wheel spin the whole time i was in 1st. Pick up great, and held together well. i should be able to hit 14.5's once i get my launch figured out. i only got 3 runs in cause some moron blew his engine and drove the whole length of the track, so it took 2 hours to clean. I also weighed the car... 2210 with me in it with a half full tank of gas, i wasnt expecting to run the car so i didnt have low fuel:.

it will get faster, i hope to have a header and a set of cam gears going in soon so i have something to tune.

Peace

to help your wheel spin try next time some bf goodridge drag radials i like those better the the nitto's or try getting so better suspension like z-10 radius arm that elimates wheel hop and betters your 60 foot times.you have a good set up in your crx also try adding a s-afc and cam gear (note:dont not get the aem cam gears they sux) to tune it and turbo:

:thumbsup: Not bad times at all. That's all I would have expected from your mods anyways. But yeah, I'm with SIR Kid on this one, you have real real high MPH times for your 14.7, so easily you could be in the low 14's onc eyou get your launch perfected.

#1 theres no way im going turbo, i just put in 1300 doller cams made for N/A. but anyway, ya im saving from now till end of winter, to get a header cam gear, and some slicks, possibly chip my ecu. might ask for slicks for xmas now that i think about it, but about the AEM cam gears, ive heard mixed reviews. that the 3 bolt ones slip and fuck over everything, ive also heard from my friend that uses them on his 11 second turbo GSR ef, that they are amazing, never slipped for him and easy to change with only 3 bolts, just do a good tighten job when ur done. but ya, season is almost over, only 1 more night to go, i think its oct 10th, so hopefully i can get some slicks off a friend to borrow for the night. cause i just got stock Del Sol wide 5 spokes, which ate 185x60xR14's so theres gunna be alot of spin if i dont get slicks.keep ya'll posted.

Im sorry to reopen a old thread but.. I have the same setup here. Crower 403's PNP Head, Aem cam gears at I: +3,E: -2. Below 1100 RPM its running like crap. Wont hold idle and such. But 2000 RPM and up it runs great. Can someone help me here???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back