The Monster is Alive!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MikeBergy

Blah blah blah....
So, I finally got to start up my built LS today. IT IS LOUD.... I am running it open header until I can get over to the shop to have the usdm type r ex mani lengthened to reach the converter. And the thing revs very easily. I just blipped the throttle a little bit, because this is the first time it has been started since the build. I need to break it in first.

I do have a small problem though. I know I am running a bit rich, because my map is set that way until I can get my ostrich and wideband setup, probably tomorrow, to get it running smooth. My problem is in the idle though. It is a bit high, probably due to running a little rich, but it also has a rhythmic cutting out about every 4 seconds, like the ignition is being turned off for a split second, then coming back on. Very strange. the honda dealer said to check my IACV. I guess, I have never really worked on that particular problem before, maybe it's a bad electrical connection somewhere, but if any of you have had any problem like this before, and have fixed it, please let me know. The engine sounds like a beast!!!! If you have any references to the helms, let me know, I have one, so maybe you can point me to a place in the manual for trouble shooting. I couldn't find IACV in the Helms at all either. Is it technically called the EACV? I checked that, but I'll chech it with a meter tomorrow morning. If all goes well tomorrow in fixing the idle, I should be wb tuning it tomorrow afternoon. YEAH!!!!!

congrats man! and thanks again for the valvetrain! My lsvtec beast will also be starting up this week! good luck!

Back