The Morgan Motor Company

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dual-500

VIP
I got this in an email the other day and thought some of you may enjoy it:

The Morgan Motor Company

"The Morgan Motor Company located in Britain doesn’t change in a changing world . Not only is it still independent , but it also makes each car by hand. A base model is about $44,000, with some cars costing up to $300,000. People wait for over a year to get their exclusive hand-built cars with the shell made out of metal and much of the vehicle made out of wood.

Working on the wood interior, workers use metal shears to individually shape a hood because each car has to be different. Every year Morgan produces about 600 cars . The company will celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2011. It has a long and interesting history , and is still run by the same family : the Morgans . Founded by Henry Frederick Stanley Morgan known as “ HFS ”, it was then run by his son Peter, and is now run by Charles, the son of Peter Morgan."

Morgan%201.JPG

Morgan%202.JPG

Morgan%203.JPG

Morgan%204.JPG

Morgan%205.JPG

Morgan%206.JPG

Morgan%207.JPG

Morgan%208.JPG

Morgan%209.JPG

Morgan%2010.JPG

Morgan%2011.JPG

Morgan%2012.JPG

Morgan%2013.JPG

Morgan%2014.JPG

Morgan%2015.JPG

Morgan%2016.JPG

Morgan%2017.JPG

Morgan%2018.JPG

Morgan%2019.JPG

Morgan%2020.JPG

Morgan%2021.JPG

Morgan%2022.JPG

Morgan%2023.JPG

Morgan%2024.JPG

Last edited:
there was an old (1931 old) Morgan 3 wheeler at the vintage car race at Limerock over Memorial Day weekend

645373333_3eTyP-L.jpg

that thing was awesome

super cool old guy driving it

:thumbsup:

Wow, super cool cars! Love them!

pretty cool pics too, gives me some good ideas for cars i've been modeling on my computer... or at least something to look at while messing around with the chassis of the car

Top Gear did a piece on a Morgan I believe last season. Tanner Foust beat the hell out of one. He said something along the lines of "it not exactly a supercar, but with lines like this, you can tell that's not what they set out to build." Basically saying, it's a performance vehicle that looks ridiculously good even sitting still.

Didn't realize they had cars at such a cheap price though. I'll have to check out their website.

Who the hell is Tanner Fous... Oh, that top gear.

I've been wanting to build my own Morgan 3 wheeler. I've been considering engine possibilities as well as classy, artistic front ends. Just not entirely sure how to string the front to the back quite yet.

very cool cars built by hand. while i can respect and admire the craftsmanship, i cant help but to think they are ugly.

Yea, they just dont make them like they used to. You know, ever since they've been tainted with those garbage far east materials and such... :)

no, all US/mexico built toyotas...

i know the parts and what not are all good and whatnot, but its known that the japan built ones are much higher quality build wise....

I drove one of those a year or 2 back...wasn't impressed.

Back