The Most Hated On Civic Ever.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Sweet InStinct@Mar 14 2003, 04:29 PM
If im happy with my car thats all that matters
im not "modifing" it for u. for hondaswap (well maybe just a little). for my friends...for anyone for that matter.
its for myself. screw what people say..

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by BlackJDMdeath@Mar 14 2003, 07:43 PM
sweetheart... if anybody knows about insurance, i sure as fuck do, my insurance thought i had a completely stock 89 isuzu pickup, i can't explain to you how much was done in the time im willing to put into this post. short story, i got shit on by an f350. if you have proof of what you have on your car, then your insurance pays for it, not true with things that were IN your car though, like cd's and whatnot, that's home owners insurance... anyway.

it's a showcar, he is building it because he DOES give a fuck what other people think, you also have a show car avatar, which means you like show cars, you would probably like to show your car. in short, you DO care what other people think about your car, you just say differently.

PS- your engine, isnt fast, if you threw it on the drag strip, it wouldnt go anywhere. and coming from somebody that knows, a stock prelude, isn't enough.

I never said Preludes were hardcore drag cars buds.....
Its my fav. car. im saying instead of wasting $$$ +time into modifications on a civic.. i would rather. buy a prelude and be happy.
Im saying that I like show cars and i like swaps ... if people had the $$$$$$$ i bet they would do both.

whatever.... difference of opinion..... no biggy.

Originally posted by Calesta+Mar 15 2003, 03:21 AM-->
Sweet InStinct
@Mar 14 2003, 04:29 PM
If im happy with my car thats all that matters
im not "modifing" it for u. for hondaswap (well maybe just a little). for my friends...for anyone for that matter.
its for myself. screw what people say..

:thumbsup:

:p spaNNNNNNNNNNKKKs (thx)

well anyways.............................
I like pretty things....... people!
are u forgetting i am a girl?
LoL

im just throwing in my 2 cents:

regarding the yellow wide body civic on speedoptions, i think its OK... nothing to go nuts over but the fact is that codee is right on the dot when he said. "the Race and Show scene are two different scenes." yeah usually Ricers do give import enthusiasts a bad name. but i've been in the car show scene and race scene for about 8-9 years...

i've sen people go through glow in the dark paint, wide bodies, neon green paint, 17" rims [when now people have been able to fit 19 on a civic], fully chromed out motors and even colored tint... also two tone vinyl interiors etc etc...

codee also made another good point, "to each his own." everyone has their own opinion. and to be totally honest, car shows are NOT ABOUT how much you invest in the car... from day one up to now, its been about who you know in the scene... the show scene ic sompletely political... i've seen some ugly ass cars win shows, cause they knew the judges... i've been asked to judge car shows before, and i just dont agree with how they do things...

im sure a bunch of you remember when LJ Garcia started to win shows, the only reason he started to win is cause of who he knew in the scene... he used to work for speed options with kelvin tohar... my old team mate jimmy beat him in a show one time [HIN Long Beach 99], and we caught LJ crying after he loaded his car up on the trailer :lol: maybe thats why his old license plate said "H82LOSE" or some shiet like that... LJ and Kelvin both deserve there props in the show scene... as for racers you get props if your car is fast and you win.

LOL ive seen that before. it just proves the old saying:

YELLOW IS FAST!!! :thumbsup:

Jason, no shit?! u saw LJ crying? lol thats wack man. well, im sure he aint cryin no more. just laughing all the way to the bizzank!

i dont see where u guys say the fit is horrendous on that kit. it looks like a good fit to me. dont see any gaps. as far as a showcar, its actually got a real good chance of winning something, especially since it is the only wide body civic.

just for everyones info, some folks are just fine with the factory performance and would rather customize the body and interior. there's really nothing wrong with that. the other side of the coin is...why waste all your money on performance mods when you can never go beyond 65mph. there are showcar people who are actually reformed street racers. not making that up. if u dont beleive me, pick up the latest issue of honda tuning and read about the gold civic hb. that guy was a hardcore street racer who decided to go show after realizing how dangerous street racing is. he used to be the fastest street racer in his area, and now he is happy customizing his car and winning shows.

i would just like to put my .02 heres. i personally dont like this car, but i aint gonna bash the guy just because his car is riced out. i do not believe that ricers are the reason for the bad rap that us honda owners have. In my state, hawaii, the reason why us honda owners have a bad rap is because stupid ass kids keep getting themselves killed. It has nothing to do with the image of the car, its the image of the drivers. people generalize that all souped up hondas are gonna drive like shit and race all over and endanger other peoples lives. so to me, there are two types of categories show and go, and to bash either one of them is just ignorant.

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
CAN SOME1 Kill ME pleaaaaaaaaseeeee?
:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

:gives:

Originally posted by Sweet InStinct@Mar 16 2003, 03:26 AM
:wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko: :wacko:
CAN SOME1 Kill ME pleaaaaaaaaseeeee?
:wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

:gives:

nah, u know these guys like ya 2 2 much :p

Karnash: its cool. we got plenty of bandwidth :D wasnt trying to argue with anyone, but when i hear "it doesnt fit" and "it gives hondas a bad name" , i have to throw in my 2 cents.

dude it doesnt fit at all, look at where the front bumper meets the fender, and tell me that fits right. and as far as only wide body civic? lol you dont honestly believe that do you?

Originally posted by BlackJDMdeath@Mar 16 2003, 05:33 AM
dude it doesnt fit at all, look at where the front bumper meets the fender, and tell me that fits right. and as far as only wide body civic? lol you dont honestly believe that do you?

:lol: haha. now i see it. didnt see that closeup pic before. ok...i take back what i said about the fit being good :D my bad. yea, i guess if these stunnas can come up with a wide body civ, its prolly not the first :p

s3e745efd945f4.jpg

i'm all for a show car. to me, a show car has to look not only good, but clean. that looks hideous.

look at the cars that win shows- they aren't the ones with rainbow fucking bright on the side of the car in vinyl.

but who cares - they look fast, i talk shit, and can dust the fuck out of them.
anytime
any place
any one of their wide-ass cars

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 16 2003, 07:42 AM
i'm all for a show car. to me, a show car has to look not only good, but clean. that looks hideous.

look at the cars that win shows- they aren't the ones with rainbow fucking bright on the side of the car in vinyl.

but who cares - they look fast, i talk shit, and can dust the fuck out of them.
anytime
any place
any one of their wide-ass cars

You are right. The ones who win the mild class are subtle. But hello and welcome to wild where you have suicide doors, hatches, the subframe has been bodydropped over a nice set of 18's. Still clean, but hella more done to it.

The cars who hardly win are the ones who throw a kit on and paint it lime. The ones who win have hidden CUSTOM work done. :)

LJ Garcia cried when he lost at a show against some other dood? what a sore loser.

i have shown and raced, but i find it more rewarding to show because when they call your name out to hand you a trophy, you get a feeling of accomplishment because you have put alot of time and dedication into your ride, and are getting recognized. at a street race, all you gonna do is either get killed or jailed over something that shouldnt be done on the streets anyways...but on the other hand if you wing you get bragging rights. me personally, i would rather have a trophy to remind me of an accomplishment and not a wrecked car from a street race to remind me of a failure...but to each their own as someone previously stated...

all i got to say about the car is to each their own. the dude put his money where he wanted it to be he had his reason as do most of you do have for the spending of your money.

i have a miner question the roof scop (on the roof of the yellow is fast car that is under ridicule) i see them in rally race cars. is the reason for having them to bring fresh colder air into the cabin, that is the only reason i see to having it. :wall:

Originally posted by DazedCivic99@Mar 16 2003, 08:02 PM
all i got to say about the car is to each their own. the dude put his money where he wanted it to be he had his reason .....

THE only reason that guy did all that shit to his car was because he saw other people doing it to their cars
and decided he wanted to copy them.

he is NOT an originator, but merely an imitator.

bottom line. someone lock this thread......

Back