the mugen rex is broken

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Trinity

I go back like Aqua Net.
i was driving down the penn turnpike towards PA when i noticed it was going to be one lane ahead. i merged over and we kept going at a steady pace of 45 mph, well all of a sudden everyone jacked on their brakes and i couldn't stop fast enough. i slammed into a suburban who (THANK GOD) had a trailer hitch. had he not had this the wreck would have been worse because i would have slid UNDER the bumper of the vehicle. after this happened i started to pull over and the hood came flying up and smacked the windshield, detaching itself from the frame of the carbon fiber hood. when i stopped it slid down onto the pavement. i managed to mess up the following : hood, radiator support, radiator, bumper,left side headlight, windshield and maybe headlight bracket.

i have ruined the one car i babied so much and took such good care of. i was getting ready for the transplant soon and some other minor touching ups. i'm hoping to get this car fixed asap and have it back on the road. i feel like shit and that a piece of me has died. i look at the car and its almost like it looks at me with a frown. i am keeping my head up and looking for parts on monday to fix her. i really just need a rad and rad support so if anyone has one let me know. pics will come soon

dam trin, that is just mad crazy unfair :( i love that lil rex of yors too. at least its fixable and even though its realy hurts now, it will be good as new again. like they say...don't worry..be happy.

Sung By Bobby Mcferin
Here's a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note for note
Don't worry, be happy
In every life we have some trouble
But when you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy
Don't worry, be happy now

Im really glad YOU"RE OK and that no one plowed into you. :thumbsup:

i sorry to hear that trin :( does insurence cover it?

Hey Trinity, even though the car is messed up, i think we all on this board agree that your safety is best. You didn't get hurt so thats something to be happy about. Cars are material things and they can be replaced you cant. So smile, it will get fixed :D

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Aug 3 2003, 10:15 AM
i sorry to hear that trin :( does insurence cover it?

well i don't know. i have to contact them monday and have them send an adjuster out. the thing is i want them to just paint the car and thats it. the paint will be SO fucking expensive for just that bumper that honestly i would rather just sand the car down and take it to them all buffed and have them repaint the car. i'm looking around to see if people have a rad and support and i am calling fiber images about their hood on monday as well. its weird but i don't think a carbon fiber hood should come apart and that is what this did. it like ripped apart from the fram of the hood. i will have pics to show you. i really wanna supply the place that fix's it with all the parts and maybe put them on, just have them paint it. the less money i can have them spend the better

lol i am a fucktard. when you said you "need rad support", i thought u meant you needed alot of cheering up. thats why i posted that ghey song.

lol gabe its ok. i guess you had a little blonde moment. atleast the song was good ;)

:( As long as you're okay (as is the frame) it should be back on the streets in no time, if you have full insurance, it should all be covered.

Sux to hear

hey trin sorry to hear about your car, glad to hear your ok. About the whole carbon fiber hood thing i had a vis and it flew up on me. I was doing about 120 when it happend. It smashed my windshield and dented my roof but the hood held its own. It stayed attached to the car and to the supports. Only thing that happend to it was it cracked a couple of spots. You might want to look into getting a vis instead. Just thought id post my 2 cents.

well it can be fixed its just insurance isn't going to cover it. i called them this morning and they said i only had liablity on the car so there is nothing that they can do. so i am stuck paying out of pocket. basically this is a fucking nightmare.

Replacing the RAD Support isn't that tough, I attemtpted to straighten mine and that was a lot harder then just cutting it off and rewelding a new one.

That really sucks about your civic, but now you have a chance to maybe upgrade if the parts deemed need it.

Fuck Insurance!!!!!!! Liability. The governments version of karma. I just had my teggy stolen and stripped and guess who's paying for it. Not insurance. To get full coverage on a car that is worth around 3-4k it's over 200 bux a month for me. Simply not worth it. Untill the Mother Fucker gets stolen. Or wrecked.

Sorry to vent on your thread Trin, sux about the car, glad you're OK. You should definetly contact fibre images... My friend's TSW rims exploded on the freeway in his accident and TSW paid for them because of "defective workmanship" or some shit like that.

Originally posted by Trinity@Aug 4 2003, 11:14 AM
well it can be fixed its just insurance isn't going to cover it. i called them this morning and they said i only had liablity on the car so there is nothing that they can do. so i am stuck paying out of pocket. basically this is a fucking nightmare.

is there anything of yours that i could kiss and make better

Originally posted by Trinity@Aug 4 2003, 09:39 AM
lol gabe its ok. i guess you had a little blonde moment. atleast the song was good ;)

;) glad u like the song. i really hope u find the parts easily and that its easy to fix. as far as painting..yuo can always do a quick touch-up with some close dupli-color paint from autozone until u can afford to repaint it. (BTW, the "import color", and "plasti-cote" brand they sell at pep boys sucks. the Dupli-color from autozone is real good stuff (and made by krylon).

Back