The nanny state

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

This is what happens when parents puss out with their own kids. My kid is my kid, the way I look at it, its my job to make sure he is not a fuck up. It is my job to to teach him right from wrong. It is my job to address his health concerns. But way to many parents these days think its everyone else fault. Hell its easy to by into it when every politician in the country is shouting from the roof tops that we are all going to die if they don't do this or that.

Bottom line, this isn't abut the kids safety, it's about the school's lawyers saying they should be careful since they could get sued if a kid gets hurt and a medic isn't on scene.

How about if your kid goes to public school the parents need to sign a waver saying they cannot sue unless the school shows unreasonable neglect for the kids.

How about the other news in Chicago where they banned bringing in lunches. have to buy school lunch because they don't trust parents to provide a 'good' meal.

I never drank out of cups or bottles growing up. If i was thirsty i went outside and grabed the hose.

better than a water fountain! but I also didnt grow up in a big city

edit: and anyone heard yet about the 6 year old in houston that brought a loaded gun to school and dropped it during lunch and it fired, hitting 3 kids

How about the other news in Chicago where they banned bringing in lunches. have to buy school lunch because they don't trust parents to provide a 'good' meal.

Which is twenty pounds of bullshit on two counts because the government has no business telling anyone what their kids should be eating. Second of all, guess who will be paying for all these fine state provided lunches? That's right the American tax payers. You know that there is going to be a suit and rightfully so challenging the schools requirement that parents be forced to pay so the settlement will probably include free lunchs. Which everyone will be just thrilled about because its free right?

Which is twenty pounds of bullshit on two counts because the government has no business telling anyone what their kids should be eating. Second of all, guess who will be paying for all these fine state provided lunches? That's right the American tax payers. You know that there is going to be a suit and rightfully so challenging the schools requirement that parents be forced to pay so the settlement will probably include free lunchs. Which everyone will be just thrilled about because its free right?

Ahem... the 0bamas are from chicago

Well as soon as one of the kids dies from an allergy (ie: peanut and fish/seafood allergeries can be killers), there'll be a suit and this requirement will go away.

Shit is so bad with the pussification of American that it makes me think twice about having kids.

Shit is so bad with the pussification of American that it makes me think twice about having kids.

makes me want to have kids, move to thailand, videotape me smacking the shit out of my kid when he fucks up, post the vids online, then have my kid come back to be president.

it takes one good example to show that something can be done.

And thats part of the problem too. I think someone already mentioned it in this thread but the folks who should have kids cap out at one or two. Or they decide not to have kids and all we are left with are entitlement junkies that vote for whoever is going to give them a free cell phone, computer, iPad or will pay their mortgage. Personal responsiblity and accountability is in some ways being breed out of our society.

And thats part of the problem too. I think someone already mentioned it in this thread but the folks who should have kids cap out at one or two. Or they decide not to have kids and all we are left with are entitlement junkies that vote for whoever is going to give them a free cell phone, computer, iPad or will pay their mortgage. Personal responsiblity and accountability is in some ways being breed out of our society.

well, when you have a crackhead have 5 crack babies, they grow up to want handouts. well, someone thought a long time ago that it was a "right" to be able to vote. it's actually a privelege. If you don't pay taxes, can't vote. didn't graduate from high school or GED, can't vote. skipped out on child support, can't vote.

Fuck that noise! If I didn't bring food to school, I didn't eat. Regardless of whether I had the money to or not.

I never drank out of cups or bottles growing up. If i was thirsty i went outside and grabed the hose.

better than a water fountain! but I also didnt grow up in a big city
I still drink tap water. People look at me like I have a death wish.
edit: and anyone heard yet about the 6 year old in houston that brought a loaded gun to school and dropped it during lunch and it fired, hitting 3 kids
Better aim then most bangers.

Tap water in jersey is brave! lol

i drink tap water from time to time, but it's not as good as it used to be. Tastes like chlorine all the time :/

eh, tap water is fine. i drink it all the time.

Back