The nanny state

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it is now illegal in new york state to play wiffle ball or kick ball in school/camp with out a medical team on stand-by for injuries.

Classic kids games like kickball deemed unsafe by state in effort to increase summer camp regulation

Keep voting them in guys......

this law was UNDOUBTEBLY passed by people who got picked last in the school yard because they were un co-ordinated so they decided when they were gonna be grown ups, they were gonna stop the mean kids that picked them last for kickball when they were kids, that they were gonna put a stop to playing that game. to them, i say grow a pair and let the kids go outside and have fun and get EXCERSISE instead of sitting on their butts all day inside playing fucking video games.

see this is the thing that bothers me about kids today anyways. they would much rather sit inside playing video games instead of going outside to play. i know when i was a kid, my parents would have to yell for me to come inside. i would literally spend all day long outside whether it would be playing in the woods, riding my bike or just doing whatever. kids today are lazy. end of story.

Here is some more potential nanny state goodness.

PINATAS: A BAD IDEA FOR YOUR CHILD’S PARTY?
The author is Vanessa Bartlemus, a woman with degrees in Journalism and Psychology who is also the mother of a 2-yr-old daughter. Ms. Bartlemus’ column makes the anti-pinata argument stating;
Piñatas are not a good idea for your child’s party. Children should never hit anything with a stick. Even worse, kids can get piñatas in their favorite character too. Doesn’t anyone slightly cringe at the thought of their child whacking Dora the Explorer or Elmo around with a baseball bat? What is that doing for a child’s character? Getting a flower or car piñata is only slightly less worse.
(I know plenty of parents who have nightly fantasies about whacking both Dora and Elmo piñatas. But I digress, back to the anti-piñata argument.)

The article continues;
People carefully teach their children, from the first time they playfully hit as a baby, that hitting is wrong. They don‘t allow hitting in their family and they don’t spank. But then children are allowed to hit piñatas to the breaking point. Then they get candy; they are rewarded for violent behavior!​

Please Don’t Hit The Pinata! More Nanny-State Madness | The Blaze

Yep, because we also need to teach children that every situation is the same regardless of circumstances. Remember, hitting is bad even if it's the scary man from down the street that wants to touch your junk.

I was raised to never fight unless its the last resort. And if I do need to fight I had damn well win. Some people only understand the violence of action. Diplomacy and talking things out have their place but damn it some times you need to back those words up with a right hook.

heres another thing i think is odd...the football face mask thing on baseball helmets?? who the fuck came up with this dumbass idea? do they not want kids to get hit in the face? i know when i played baseball as a kid, i NEVER saw any kid that was being pitched to, get hit in the face with a baseball. i have seen kids get hit in the arm, leg and back but never in the face. the only baseball player that had a face mask was the catcher and well he has a good reason to. if you got hit with a baseball, you were told to suck it up and take your base. ..

this law was UNDOUBTEBLY passed by people who got picked last in the school yard because they were un co-ordinated so they decided when they were gonna be grown ups, they were gonna stop the mean kids that picked them last for kickball when they were kids, that they were gonna put a stop to playing that game. to them, i say grow a pair and let the kids go outside and have fun and get EXCERSISE instead of sitting on their butts all day inside playing fucking video games.

I usually was picked 3rd to last... i wasn't the worst, but i wasn't a jock by any means. It's cool. I accepted it. I knew I wasn't as good as most of the other kids at a lot of the sports, but i didn't care.... I knew i could ride by bike in circles around any one of them, but there was no biking in gym class. Everyones good at something.

If the kids aren't taught this, they will just fail and fail and fail and eventually hang themselves.

"I know I can't swim, so I keep my black ass out the pool"
-Donnie, gone in 60 seconds

see this is the thing that bothers me about kids today anyways. they would much rather sit inside playing video games instead of going outside to play. i know when i was a kid, my parents would have to yell for me to come inside. i would literally spend all day long outside whether it would be playing in the woods, riding my bike or just doing whatever. kids today are lazy. end of story.

yup, i HATED being home too. I was never home. Always out building forts or riding bikes etc etc from morning to dinner, break for an hour, and then dinner till dark (when i had to be home).

of course, i never had gaming systems, ipods, or even a tv in my room. I had a boom box and tapes of Europe and White Lion :metal:

I was raised to never fight unless its the last resort. And if I do need to fight I had damn well win. Some people only understand the violence of action. Diplomacy and talking things out have their place but damn it some times you need to back those words up with a right hook.

I was raised to never throw the first punch. And that's where it ended. Don't start it, but if you're involved, protect your self at all costs.
I was only in one minor fight in 6th grade... and it was over a girl (of course) and it basically ended after a few pushes and a take down. lol

heres another thing i think is odd...the football face mask thing on baseball helmets?? who the fuck came up with this dumbass idea? do they not want kids to get hit in the face? i know when i played baseball as a kid, i NEVER saw any kid that was being pitched to, get hit in the face with a baseball. i have seen kids get hit in the arm, leg and back but never in the face. the only baseball player that had a face mask was the catcher and well he has a good reason to. if you got hit with a baseball, you were told to suck it up and take your base. ..

I saw a kid get in the face with a baseball. He looked like he got beaten with the ugly stick after because his orbital socket imploded.

On that note. I got hit in the neck once That sucked.

Tap water in jersey is brave! lol

i drink tap water from time to time, but it's not as good as it used to be. Tastes like chlorine all the time :/
My area's tap water is actually really good. I was up in VT and their water was god awful. Taste like shit and smelled of sulfur. Not a slight smell either. Turn on the faucet and the room stunk.
B said:
I was raised to never throw the first punch. And that's where it ended. Don't start it, but if you're involved, protect your self at all costs.
I was only in one minor fight in 6th grade... and it was over a girl (of course) and it basically ended after a few pushes and a take down. lol
I was taught the same thing. Never throw first, but if you get hit, make them regret it. I was also taught if your getting your ass kicked by more than one person, or someone much larger than you, the rules of fair fighting go out the window.

EDIT: I'd also like to add than while this is the way I was taught, and what I believe to be fair, it goes against the self-defense laws of the state I reside in. Just an FWI. Check your local laws before you defend yourself.

Last edited:
Back