The Neocons do it AGAIN.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sabz5150

FALCON PUNCH!!!
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:HR01268:

Great, wonderful, it's money for the soldiers in Iraq, Afghanistan and the Tsunami victims.

Look closer.

Closer.

Closer.

Keep looking till you find the Real ID act. Yeah. So, we've got a national ID that without which we cannot fly, ride on trains, etc. This sounds a lot like the USSR's famous "Papers please" fun n games back in the day.

But look even closer.

Keep going.

"No court shall have jurisdiction to hear any cause or claim arising from any action undertaken, or any decision made, by the Secretary of Homeland Security, or order compensatory, declaratory, injunctive, equitable, or any other relief for damage alleged to arise from any such action or decision."

Do any of you 'Cons know what that means?!

Originally posted by Sabz5150@May 11 2005, 07:03 AM
Do any of you 'Cons know what that means?!
[post=497736]Quoted post[/post]​

I do, kind of like when you going the service you can't sue them for fucking shit up, but your wife can ;)

But on a grander scale, yes, basically they can supersede due process, and you'll have no recourse for action if you become the victim of their spoils.

i warned everyone...

ohh well...

canada looks better and better every day.

"No court shall have jurisdiction to hear any cause or claim arising from any action undertaken, or any decision made, by the Secretary of Homeland Security, or order compensatory, declaratory, injunctive, equitable, or any other relief for damage alleged to arise from any such action or decision."

hmm... god bless amerika...

god damn canadians, getting sick of our hippies...

the above sentence has gotta be one of the scariest things i've ever read...
citizens are about to get assraped(more)...

canada? screw that... ive got a date with a donkey in Tijuana. I figure I can make 20 million last a good while down there!~

Mere words cannot express just how tired I am of threads like these.

DSC00046.jpg

As far as most conservatives go anymore, the constitution is nothing more than a doormat for these people.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@May 11 2005, 09:10 AM
Mere words cannot express just how tired I am of threads like these.

[post=497806]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh yeah, that'll be you when you find out how easy it will be for people in power to overstep due process and basically do anything they want.

Homeland security decides to lock you up for... well... anything and guess what, there's nothing that can be done for it. You don't get a trial, you don't get out. False arrest? Tough shit buddy, there is no due process for you.

They no longer have to say the T word to get their way now, they can just do it.

The truly beautiful part of it is that when neocons tack on riders to bills, they can smear anyone that doesn't vote in favor of the bill. "You don't support the troops!" they'll scream and the people will fall in line.

If you aren't worried about this, then there is something seriously wrong with you.

yeah, and johnny cochran is dead now too, so you're fucked on a good lawyer as well. lol

Real ID was a product of the 92-00 administration's Democratic-majority Congress.

Don't go blaming this shit on our current administration. The Real ID act and others like it have come and gone. They will continue to do so. Remember Social Security numbers ? Top technology of the day, and you can't travel without it either. Even Adolf Hitler criticized the SSN program as something that he wouldn't do, because it's too dictive.

God will you people stop spoonfeeding reality in these little news clips and Aggregators. Pick up a goddam book or two and get some background before turning into Chicken Little. The National ID program won't work, and it's reason for not working is even more frightening than the glimpse that you see here:

It won't be passed because the Government isn't able to decode it's required encryption.

That scares me more than that. Because one day, they'll find the decoding methods necessary and finally pass it. furthermore, I hope I'll be around to watch people line up behind the fences for their trickled down freedom vouchers and all bad mouth Conservatives for making it happen.

Lame.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@May 11 2005, 12:38 PM
Real ID was a product of the 92-00 administration's Democratic-majority Congress.

Don't go blaming this shit on our current administration.
[post=497894]Quoted post[/post]​

Once again, this was a RIDER to the bill to send money to the soldiers and tsunami victims. What do you think will happen if a democrat or moderate conservative were to vote against a bill that supports tsunami victims and our troops?

Neat lil trick, aint it?

And you don't think we have the ability to decrypt it? Shit dude, :lol: you haven't been on the wrong side, otherwise you wouldn't even think that.

Remember, conservatives are against big government. I agree that conservatives aren't behind this. *NEOCONS ARE*. There is a big difference between your garden variety conservative and a neocon. Why do you think a lot of republicans are starting to shy away from the Bush admin? They're as worried as we liberals are.

Holy crap, this was the first time EV4R that anyone tried to put a non-related rider onto a bill! Behead the Republicans because they tried this new tactic! :roll:

Christ. Chicken Little is too nice a description, Steve.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@May 11 2005, 01:02 PM
Holy crap, this was the first time EV4R that anyone tried to put a non-related rider onto a bill! Behead the Republicans because they tried this new tactic! :roll:

Christ. Chicken Little is too nice a description, Steve.
[post=497904]Quoted post[/post]​

Did I say it was the first time? Nope. I only said it's a damn neat trick... because it works.

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." -James Madison

This is a long read, but if you're at all interested in our current situation (overall, not just this law), please read it:

The Four Sorrows of Empire

Originally posted by DarkHand@May 11 2005, 01:37 PM
"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." -James Madison

This is a long read, but if you're at all interested in our current situation (overall, not just this law), please read it:

The Four Sorrows of Empire
[post=497918]Quoted post[/post]​

By the numbers, this is the wrongest thing ever written. Classic Chalmers.

-> Steve

Back