The New Guy Needs Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92NastyHatch

:worthy: Hey guys. I need help fast. I have a 1992 Civic HB CX that is falling apart, motor wise. My friends are telling me to swap a B18C1 into it. I am asking for some serious help. Will it fit into my HB? Someone told me you couldnt use aftermarket headers on the motor after the swap. Can I just pretend its a regular GSR motor and add anything, or to I have to modify the modifications? Please help. I need to know everything any of you know.

do you have air conditioning that would get in the way of the header?
And the gsr motor should fit ok.
To make as easy as possible try to get a 95 GSR swap otherwise it's a little more difficult to swap but can be done. B)

I do have AC, but can I take it out? Also, I am looking for a good rebuild kit. Do you know of any? Also once again, I am looking to bore the motor over, get the head shaved, and get it port and polished. Do you have any suggestions how much I should shave it and bore it, and do u know what else I can do to the motor, internal wise, not bolt on?

Originally posted by 92NastyHatch@Aug 31 2004, 08:52 PM
I do have AC, but can I take it out? Also, I am looking for a good rebuild kit. Do you know of any? Also once again, I am looking to bore the motor over, get the head shaved, and get it port and polished. Do you have any suggestions how much I should shave it and bore it, and do u know what else I can do to the motor, internal wise, not bolt on?
[post=384502]Quoted post[/post]​

The motor will fit in just fine i have ls in my hatch and it fit fine you will need mounts and shift linkage my shit is all handmade but hasport has all the shit but its pricey but good shit its easiest to make your own shit if your good at it..i have a header on mine and it fit perfect without hitting fan or anything..Good luck

1) stop typing in bold

2)i assume that the spoon sports blueprinted assembly refers to the rotating assembly-

3) Shaving your head for the purposes of raising compression is not advisable- if you're boring your motor you're going to have to replace the pistons anyway, why not do things the right way and get a higher compression set of larger pistons

4) rush3969, wtf are you talking about? handmade shift linkage? for a B18C swap into an EG? how about 94 and up integra linkage

Back