Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evo

• Nissan 350Z

• Subaru WRX

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:unsure: yeah, i'm a n00b, constantly linked to this site by revolution8k, so i decided to finally join...yeah, i drive a TGL (Taurus GL, but TGL sounds soo much cooler), but i just got this awesome new job which in time will allow me to buy a brand spankin new car...so here's the question, what should i get?? my top choice at this point is a Mazda RX-8, but also on the list are a Nissan 350Z, a Mitsubishi 3000GT (used, of course), a Lancer Evo, a WRX STi, or an SRT-4...any suggestions? opinions? any cars not on the list that should be??? :unsure:

Yeah, and I'm workin at the same job as he is...thanks for the job...i'll probably be leaving the delivery job because of it...just in time.

I say get the WRX or the STi...but the Lancer EVO 8 (normal or RS style) would be second on my list, however the SRT4 and 3kGT will be the cheapest to purchase.

mostly he's just going to drive the hell out of it... probably won't mod it much without my help, and other than say a CAI or an audio system...I'm not going to be a lot of help to him...

well i think i'm gonna keep the ol' TGL and drive it to work and the like, but drive the nice car out at nite and to hang out w/ my friends and stuff...and eventually i'll want to mod it...how i don't know yet...

all of them have potential, but the RX8 is the newest on the market. so it doesn't have the go fast goodies the rest are shaping up to have.

the WRX STi will be expensive as fuck to modify seriously, and the SRT4 has a stage I and II turbo kit coming out. not too shabby.

well i won't be modding it right off the bat, it'll prolly take at least 6 months to a year to do that...so would there be any other "go fast goodies" out at that point? cuz at first i'll just do the little things, intake, exhaust, struts, etc, etc...turbos and the like would be far down the road...

you probably won't need suspension in a 6 month old car, but a CAI/exhaust would be a basic start.

Just want to let you know that my buddy has a WRX STI and the after market parts for it are ridiculous in price, so consider that before you buy. Those damn SRT4s are fast its TRUE. But I myself would go with the EVO 8.

I accidently clicked SRT-4, but I'd do STI or Evo 8 hands down also.

Its a no contest one or the other IMO. I love em both.

STi, in pearl black, with the bronze wheels.

or just wait till mopar offers the stage 3 turbo kit for the SRT 4, then buy that! would still cost less than an STI!

Back