The new Metallica album.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Personally, I can't wait until they do another S&M album.

But I'm really digging the preview from above.

I have the album. And to those who wonder, its worth the money to buy. Way better than the experimental "St. Anger" (eek!) Mostly all songs are at least 6 min long, and it really throws back to the older days with satanic themes (judas kiss), and songs like "Suicide and Redemption" which is an 8 min instrumental that bears a lot of resemblance to "The Call of Ktulu". My favorites are "That was just your life" - really technical song that opens like a lot of older songs. All Nightmare Long could really be seen as a 21st century "Enter Sandman" it's probably the best thrash song on the CD with some good solos and a kicking chorus.
The Judas Kiss is another good one, with a really interesting time change in the begining and some good drumwork by Lars.

Metallica really seems to have put it all into this album - having Rick Rubin as a producer can't hurt - but still. This is a good solid overall album. My only gripe is that some of the middle of the road songs tend to get a bit repetative, but for the most part the album surpasses most of the songs on "Load" and "Reload".

I listened to the radio broadcast last night, and it sounds great. I like "The Day That Never Comes"

Badass song.

My roomate always thinks there is something wrong with it, but I have used it since like 4.10, and never had a problem with it, so I would like to know as well...

metallica = failure.

and i used to be a huge fan... gosh, what was i thinking

I'm a life long Metallica fan.. And I would argue that over the last 27? years, overall, they are the best rock band out there. Even their worst stuff is better than 80% of the other band's "good" stuff. Countless bands have come and gone, trends have changed, years have gone by, and Metallica is still rocking it.

If you listen with an open mind, and not compare them to themselves, everything they put out rocks.. But they've done such high end work, that they set the bar rediculously high for themselves.

P.S. This shit rocks:
YouTube - the call of ktulu s&m metallica

Oh, We had Acoustic "Nothing Else Matters" played as part of our wedding cerimony!

Last edited:
metallica = failure.
and i used to be a huge fan... gosh, it was probably because at their inception they pioneered sick ass thrash metal and they were fuckin fast and wicked for so many years but it was so long ago that most of you young metal noobs only know the black album and unforgiven metallica who writes slow shitty songs so to sum things up they used to kick ass and they are returning to their old style of play with their new album so everyone should give it a shot even though lars is a whiny bitch

That's what you meant to say right?

I'm a life long Metallica fan.. And I would argue that over the last 27? years, overall, they are the best rock band out there. Even their worst stuff is better than 80% of the other band's "good" stuff. Countless bands have come and gone, trends have changed, years have gone by, and Metallica is still rocking it.

If you listen with an open mind, and not compare them to themselves, everything they put out rocks.. But they've done such high end work, that they set the bar rediculously high for themselves.

P.S. This shit rocks:
YouTube - the call of ktulu s&m metallica

Oh, We had Acoustic "Nothing Else Matters" played as part of our wedding cerimony!

Even though a lot of people say the St Anger album sucked I like it, not as good as their 80s stuff, but like you said you cnt compare them to themelves.

dudes, Metallica is old when you think of the time they started playing. Even Kirk said they just cant hold those hard ass fast ass riffs like they did before. I dont blame them! How would you feel if had to go home with bleeding fingers every show.
I saw ''The Who'' perform on tv last week and they cant even sing the old stuff without running out of breath. So for Metallica to still play metal they are still rockin it. I will be getting the new album.

Along with the new AC/DC one too. yes Angus is back.

My roomate always thinks there is something wrong with it, but I have used it since like 4.10, and never had a problem with it, so I would like to know as well...

What is the name of the torrent program that everyone uses now that is much faster and much safer?

That might be it. I'm not sure. Apparently you search a band and you can download their entire discography in minutes, assuming you have fast internet.

Back