The New Project/Restoration

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Anyone know what size bolt the lower shock bolt in the rear is on crx's? Both of mine broke. Majestic Honda shows 10x84...

I really like your build and it's coming along great I hate riced out cars, it's good to see you restoreing your Rex good luck keep at it. MORE updates : )

Hey guys, been awhile again, but been doing some moving around at work and havent had a lot of time to post, but I have been working on the crx lately. Got a lot of new parts in and a lot of work done on the suspension and the motor. As far as the motor goes, I have it all the way stripped down to the bare block and is ready to be shipped out to get sleeved (I am going to have to do some saving before I ship it out though), and then its off to a local machine shop to be bored. When I pulled the pistons out of the block the groves where the piston rings sit actually fell apart, is that caused by detonation? Anywho, the suspension is basically all done, only thing is I havent quite learned how to replace the lower ball joints yet, so I still need to do that ( I have them, just not installed). Also, I can not for the life of me get the tie rod ends to break loose, I have new ones of those but cant get them off.I also started sanding the engine bay so I can get that sprayed and start the wiring process, too. Aaaaand....pics :ph34r:

You can see in this picture the cracked piston dome.
2010-02-17165226.jpg

2010-03-02105041.jpg

new4.jpg

new3.jpg

new2.jpg

new1.jpg

2010-02-17165141.jpg

Comments always welcome...and advice

Looking good. :thumbsup: Hit the tie rod ends with a little heat if need be.

Alright, got some updates:

-Block is at Napa getting bored .020 over.
-Head is all torn down, ready to be taken to Napa as soon as I get all the new valvetrain
-Valve cover is just about completely sandblasted and soon to be re-painted
-Body is about a little less than half sanded down

Questions I cant find answers to:

-I took out the valve springs and on the intake side it has dual valve springs, so my question is did the b16s come with them? Because I only found itr's and gsr's with them from the factory.
-Also, still cant get those damn tie rods off :confused:

Pictures will be up as soon as I get everything back ^_^

Alright, got some updates:
-I took out the valve springs and on the intake side it has dual valve springs, so my question is did the b16s come with them? Because I only found itr's and gsr's with them from the factory.
-Also, still cant get those damn tie rods off :confused:

Anyone?

w00t, got the tie rod ends off and replaced thanks to some crows feet.
Talked to the machine shop today and they are holding off boring the block out until I take them the pistons I am using. I am looking at Wiseco's pistons. 499 obo on ebay. Going to do the low compression ones for some B0oSt :ph34r:

w00t, got the tie rod ends off and replaced thanks to some crows feet.
Talked to the machine shop today and they are holding off boring the block out until I take them the pistons I am using. I am looking at Wiseco's pistons. 499 obo on ebay. Going to do the low compression ones for some B0oSt :ph34r:

B0oSt = L0vE

Back