The New Project/Restoration

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a complete set of stock tails for you. Cheap! make me an Offer! pm me

Hey guys, so we finally have the rex all tore down. Finally have the motor completely out with the work of some very handy hillbilly'ing as you will see in the pictures (we dont have a cherry picker quite yet lol). Anywho, since the motor is out its time to start the body work as soon as I get the engine bay completely stripped down of all wires and such. Ill keep you guys updated on that stuff.

Monday 4/4

HPIM2683.jpg

HPIM2685.jpg

HPIM2686.jpg

HPIM2687.jpg

HPIM2688.jpg

HPIM2689.jpg

HPIM2690.jpg

HPIM2691.jpg

Let me know what you guys think

Ive done some like that before, all that matters is getting the motor out.

hehe thanks, I definitly will stick with it. I cant wait to start ordering parts! but first I have to get rid of my other honda so I can have more money lol.

Hey guys been a while since I have updated, I have had some issues with my Accord I had to get fixed. But now I am back on track with the rex. I got some wheels I found on craigslist for only $80 with damn near brand new tires. I dont know what they are from but they do have the Honda center caps. They look exactly like the Acura CL wheels, but those are 5 lug. Anywho, I have changed my game plan for getting the car going. I am going to do suspension work first, including brakes and such, then move on to the motor (Unless my Accord sells, lol). Heres a picture of how she sits right now. Only thing different is the wheels right now.

Wheels.jpg

Alright I do have one poll I need answered from everyone. I have read a lot of posts about a good suspension combo, but never a real straight forward answer for ef's. What combo do you have and do you like it?

Alright everyone, the slowest build ever is still moving along....slow...

I did start getting the body sanded down, I honestly have never seen so much bondo on a car in my life. There really isnt too much rust, but seriously unnecessesary bondo everywhere! I have the passenger rear quarter almost finished up and I am happy with the little amount of rust. Other than that, I also got the interior fully gutted including the dash (which, by the way, thank god i did because I found a mouse nest above the glovebox area). I would also really like to have a black on blue interior...dont know what that would look like, might photoshop it first, anyone have anything like that?

But, as far as parts go I have gathered a couple new parts for the rex:

New Fenders :) (by the way...$50 for the pair, and they are minty fresh)
Fenders.jpg

New Rear Bumper (Off the same car as the fenders)
Bumper.jpg

And last but not least,for now, a new passenger door panel:
DoorPanel.jpg

Next paycheck I'll have enough saved to possibly order some suspension parts, but I am still debating what to go with so I might wait to order the parts until I buckle down on some quality stuff.

:ph34r:

Alright, so I got the first suspension parts finally. Bought them from 1.8crx here on hs. They are KYB Gr-2's, from what I have read these are pretty simple shocks and struts with a little bit better than oem feel. Now, I have been reading around and shopping and I found a brand new set of Tenzo Springs. Has anyone used these and are they any good? Some pics of the shocks/struts:

kyb1.jpg

kyb2.jpg

Please let me know what you guys think of the Gr-2 set-up with Tenzo springs.

Those dont look like EF shocks, that or my mind is not working.

The fronts look right, but the rears look too long and dont have the forked end, unless your running type r rear lcas.

shit you are totally right I just looked it up...wow, this kinda sucks.

**fail**

Last edited:
For the tail lights, use a 1000 grit sand paper, wet sand it then use a buffer to make them shine again. If you go under 1000 grit you could scratch the lights and make it really hard to get out.

thats stuff that happens thats why i always double and triple check my stuff but you can easy sell those ;)

Yeah I have em for sale on craigslist and if anyone needs a set of Kyb's for their 88 rex let me know. I bought them for 115, Ill let sell em for 90 +shipping. Anyways, good news is I just ordered a Brand New set of Kyb's. I knew I should have just done that in the first place. Oh well, need to learn somehow I suppose. I far as the sanding goes for the tails, its really weird that you brought that up because I just tried that today, It worked, but it is kind of cloudy, would the buffing take that out?

Back