The New Project/Restoration

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

keep up the good work bro! its going to be a sweet freaking ride later when youre done.

i have the tokico hp's on my prelude i have been very happy with them!!!!

i have the tokico hp's on my prelude i have been very happy with them!!!!

Im glad to hear that, I orginally was going just buy brand new gr-2's, but decided to spend the extra money for some more quality parts. What springs are you running on those? I cant figure out what a good set-up would be, I read in the manual that came with the shocks and struts that they dont recommend springs that lower anymore than 1-1.75 inches. And honestly, its hard to find cheap(er) springs that only lower that much.

Yeah, when I had my EF hatch with a DA Integra booster/master and 40/40 valve, rear discs, and new pads and rotors it was INCREDIBLE!! I just put my booster/master and 40/40 valve on my CRX and it woke up the rear end but my front rotors are almost done so its not as good as my hatch was.

Good, I am looking for a good quality teg set-up for the rear

Hey, Now I dont know what the Si prop numbers are but would this work?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HOND...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Last edited:
That Si had a 35/40 valve. I think it had a smaller master cylinder than the integra too. I don't remember the numbers. If you are using integra arms use all integra, if you are using 91 si use 91 si.

i used the tokico hp springs.....lowerd 1.5" but it sits a little lower than i want it to.

yeah I was wondering if I should have saved a little more and got the package, but honestly, I love the look of Tein, but they lower way too much, same goes for Skunk 2.

yeah I was wondering if I should have saved a little more and got the package, but honestly, I love the look of Tein, but they lower way too much, same goes for Skunk 2.

That's what I did, got the package. Those springs are perfectly matched to the shocks. The package was only like $50 more on E-Bay...

That's what I did, got the package. Those springs are perfectly matched to the shocks. The package was only like $50 more on E-Bay...

Ill just have to find some good drop springs that arent crazy low. Havent gotten anything done on the car cus I was was away on vacation at Makinac Island!

Nice to see I won't be the only Hondaswap member with a CRX in the zoo!
If you need any answers, I might be able to help, as I've done a B16 swap in mine as well. I'd offer my physical help to you, but I have my hands full too, as I need replace much of the front end from on accident with mine :( Might have some time though if you need some quick help, etc.. Let me know.

Nice to see I won't be the only Hondaswap member with a CRX in the zoo!
If you need any answers, I might be able to help, as I've done a B16 swap in mine as well. I'd offer my physical help to you, but I have my hands full too, as I need replace much of the front end from on accident with mine :( Might have some time though if you need some quick help, etc.. Let me know.

For sure dude, as soon as I get it finished we will have to meet up. Dont think I have seen an 88 around town? You drive it much?

I did....before the accident.
I didn't even notice you got a rex until now. Been gone off hs for a while. Just came back to do a little research and noticed your post.

I did....before the accident.
I didn't even notice you got a rex until now. Been gone off hs for a while. Just came back to do a little research and noticed your post.

Haha, yeah I dont have it here in the zoo. Its tucked away so no one can find it :ph34r:

bah, so I had the money saved to order some new springs, then my good buddy, whom I have been friends with for a few good years now, flaked on our T-Mobile bill. So, instead of ordering new springs I had to use my savings money to terminate his contract early. Thanks to him, I have to save more...lol Oh well, such is life. But, if I can help anyone, dont get on a phone plan with a friend, or even a family member for christ sake, you almost always get jacked. Anyways, I get my money for my motor around the first week of October. If anyone needs a motor from TorontoJDM or TigerJapanese, I am headed there to pick up a motor with a good sized truck if anyone around my area wants to save on shipping

Man its been a whole month since I've updated. Well the good news is I now have the rex in a garage closer to me so I can work on it a lot more often. Everything is torn completely down now. I am going tomorrow to pick up the motor :cool:. Its a b16 with gsr cams, blox intake mani, 70mm throttle body, turbo mani, and a trans. Going to tear it down and rebuild it before it goes in (who knows what this guy did to it). I also just today ordered H&R springs to match up with my tokicos and my front Si hubs. Other than that I have all the stock tail lights again so that looks good. And here is a picture of how she sits right now. Ill update tomorrow or monday with pics of the motor.

new.jpg

Back