The New Project/Restoration

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

best way i know is whack the side of the control arms a couple times... comes out easy with no ball joint damage.

We do this all the time. You have to hit it pretty hard a few times. The pickle-fork should be a last resort. Almost always damages the balljoint.

We do this all the time. You have to hit it pretty hard a few times. The pickle-fork should be a last resort. Almost always damages the balljoint.

Im tellin ya man, ive been whackin(the control arm) for 2 days now lol. Ill try hitting the side this time and let ya know how it goes. Damn car doesnt want the vEeTaK

heres a little teaser for the driver side: new brakes,brake hoses,pads(not pictured),H&R springs,Tokico Blues

HPIM3004.jpg

HPIM3003.jpg

And a shot of the shop...

HPIM3008.jpg

:thumbsup: on the Tokico Blues. They're nothing spectacular, but for the price, they get the job done well...

:thumbsup: on the Tokico Blues. They're nothing spectacular, but for the price, they get the job done well...

And thats what I've heard, but I am excited to see how well they perform with the H&R Springs. Im going be working on the ball joints tomorrow so I'll keep everyone posted on how that comes. If I cant get em off ill go pick up a fork. Besides ruining the boots, would it help to heat the crap out of the ball joints?

Last edited:
Find a nut that is the same is the castle nut, thread it onto the ball joint a couple treads, stick the jack under and jack it up, then smack the control arm with the hammer.

Its just weird how the other side all three just came out without any issues what so ever.

Finally got those bastards out! I ended up going to a store and looking at what they had to offer and found this!
otc_balljoint_puller_2.jpg

Worked like a charm, only downside was that it shot the ball joints at high rates of speed at stuff in my garage.

But, the good news:
1-3.jpg

3-2.jpg

4.jpg

Heres a newb suspension question: Is this a result of the bushing on the shocks/struts being upside down?
6.jpg

2-2.jpg

You either are missing a washer or put it in the wrong place. (#12 is the one im talking about)
Front-Shock-ABSorber1.gif

ill have to look at it when I get back to the shop tomorrow. So is the bushing being upside down ruled out?

when i put new tokico's on my prelude i had to use the washer off my old shocks. took me about three times of install/uninstall to get it right......by the time i was do ne i could pull them off and put them on in no time at all......lol so you might have to get the washers off your old shocks......

when i put new tokico's on my prelude i had to use the washer off my old shocks. took me about three times of install/uninstall to get it right......by the time i was do ne i could pull them off and put them on in no time at all......lol so you might have to get the washers off your old shocks......

Ah shitty, those old things are so rusty, ill try to get em off. I wonder why they dont send the washers with the kit. Oh well, I have been super busy lately and havent gotten to work on her since then, so Ill keep ya guys updated.

Alright guys, finally got some work done on the crx. I got a new truck and have been busy working on the brakes on that. But anyways, I figured out what was up with the suspension mess-up. It was in fact washer #12 so thanks for the pic. And heres some pics.

blah4.jpg

blah2.jpg

blah1-1.jpg

WEEERRRDDDD. Wish I had more money to do some more stuff :(

There we go...mucho better. :thumbsup:

Some teggy rear discs and Si LCAs/sway bar is on the list too right? ;)

Back