The New Project/Restoration

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lol. i priced out stock uppers at a parts dealer where im from. and the stock ones cost more than the skunk2's DELIVERD!!

OK just read your thread and you have inspired me to make a thread and finish my rex. I started it in 2006 when going to Wyotech for chassis fab. It was my project for class. Like yours, it will move somewhat slow. I have to travel over an hour to work on it. I got in deep and have a lot of work to do. It is also a 91' HF that has a B16 now. Thanks for the motivation man.

Your welcome man! Im glad to see another clean rex gettin overhauled. I am takin a month long break on it right now to save for christman, but soon after that, Ill be right back into it. In the mean time, I bought a truck and it needs some front suspension work, so thats where my time is right now. By the way, thats one clean b16, where did ya get it from?

I got it from hmotorsonline. It came that clean but I'm sure all they did was pressure wash the shit out of it. O well still looks good and saves me work. Good luck on the truck. I'm hopin to start goin on my crx by mid December. I have some other cars that need done including finishing a B17 into a 95 civic ex that I am getting paid to do but has been sitting for a while. It was a auto/manual swap also.

yo i read ur whole thread so far so good, with the drop u should install some rear trailing arm bushings real cheap to buy and not that hard to install, the reason i said this is cuz the drop will twist the stock one and eventually rip it...btw tokico makes the springs for the hp struts with a 1.25" drop and when it settles it's like 1.5"....anyways keep up the good work

Damn I wish I knew about this site before I sold my DOHC ZC civic. I miss that car so much left to do on it. I didn't know there was anybody serious about Hondas In southwest Mich.

alright, finally found some time to get some work done on the crx yesterday, but it was only for about an hour. Anywho, got the b16 torn down, just got to find my huge breaker bar to get the headbolts out. Here are some pics, sorry for the crappy quality:

engine5.jpg

engine3.jpg

engine4.jpg

engine1.jpg

Back