the new setup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

R.E.Developement

Import King of Irvington
hey i just got rid of my 2nd gen integra it had a b16a in it. it was fast but i wanted someting lighter. so i bought a 92 civic si shell and put a gsr in it. its fast im not really knome to it yet but this is what i want to do change the trans for a jdm itr trans, ctr cams, and ctr pistons. will the pistons fit with no problem and would that setup be good?

holla back. :unsure:

ITR tranny, good
CTR cams, good
CTR pistons, good BUT many tuning, building, and maintaineance

CTR pistons in GSR Backbone is yielding a 12.465:1 Compression Ratio (OEM gasket.)

I recommend JDM ITR pistons.

what do u mean many tuning, building, and maintaineance? i thought that the pistons would just go in and ill slap the head on with the ctr cams and just drive, but of course breaking it in but it think u know where im going.

but how much Compression would the Jdm itr pistons give me. B)

the CTR pistons will yeild a very high compression and will require alot of tuning. prepare to spend a lot of time on the dyno to get it to run safely on street gas. unless you plan to run 100+ octane all the time. i have a GSR and i was thinking about using the CTR pistons. i have since changed my mind for a few reasons:

amount of dyno time needed
will need some pretty aggressive cams to take advantage of the compression (CTR cams are good but dont have enough lift to take advantage of 12+ compression), you will need something like skunk2 stage 2's or better
pitson to valve clearance (valve reliefs arent too deep)

i would recommend JDM ITR pistons and a nice 2 layer head gasket. it will yeild about 11.7:1 in a GSR engine and that with the CTR cams i think will be a nice combination. plus the tuning wont be as extensive and i think will provide some nice gains for a moderate build. this is the route im taking and its your car but this is all just my opinion

happy building :)

the CR is a little on the high side, not saying that you can't get it to run properly.

everything else seems fine.

WOW i didnt know that it would be so much hell. if i go with the jdm itr pistons how high the compression will be compared to the ctr pistons?

Originally posted by R.E.Developement@Mar 14 2004, 06:49 PM
if i go with the jdm itr pistons how high the compression will be compared to the ctr pistons?

i just told you. about 11.7 w/ 2 layer gasket. with an OEM gasket it would be about 11.36:1 as compared to the CTR's giving you about 12.4:1

no real need for 310's, a 190 fuel pump is fine, VAFC will finer tune the base map that he plans to run or current runs.

ITR tranny - great choice :thumbsup:

as far as pistons choice, I would go with some ITR oversized, and from personal experience I would run the oem headgasket 3 layer, I had problems with 2layers blowing out. Just my .02....hehe

Originally posted by JDMilan@Mar 19 2004, 02:42 PM
no real need for 310's, a 190 fuel pump is fine, VAFC will finer tune the base map that he plans to run or current runs.

i think he was referring to running ctr pistons in the gsr block.

i'm going to be using toda pistons in my itr block, which are 12.3:1... i was going to go with 440cc injectors, but i put 550cc injectors (kinda overkill, but got a good deal). i would say don't use any less than 370's if you're going to use those pistons, and at the least a hondata.

but i agree w/gsrcrxsi on getting jdm itr pistons and a 2 layer spoon head gasket

Back