1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Nobel Prize for Peace

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by E_SolSi, Oct 9, 2009.

1. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

or i guess as it should now be known "The Nobel Prize for Good Intentions"

In a surprise, Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize - Yahoo! News

yes Barack Obama has been awarded The Nobel Peace Prize.... in spite of not doing ANYTHING in the way of making the world a safer or more peaceful place...
    hell just this past Saturday, Saturday Night Live even had a skit lampooning how little he has actually managed to get done
    we are still involved in two wars in Afghanistan and Iraq (although he talked about ending them)
    the detainee prison at Guantanamo Bay is still open (although he talked about closing it)
    there is no universal health care (although he talked about it)
    nothing has happened in the way of nuclear disarmament (although again, he talked about it)

im not going to continue listing things that he has talked about or proposed but not come through with, because its pointless... he hasnt done anything to make the world a safer or more peaceful place

the argument could be made that his apology tours have repaired relations between the US and much of the world... i disagree... but the argument could be made

even if you look at his work prior to becoming elected president...the man has not even brought peace to his home town of Chicago, where just last week a story came out about a teenager who was beaten to death with a board on his way home from school

so for all of the talk with ZERO results, he has been awarded the Nobel Prize for Peace (Good Intentions)

this award does however show something quite telling.... it shows that the world (or at least the board members of the Nobel Prize) no longer fears the United States of America... we are no longer viewed as a symbol of strength or power
    i present to you the furthering of the movement for the pussification of America

so congratulations Barack Obama on winning an award for doing NOTHING
    and congratulations Nobel Prize committee, for shitting all over the award and making it another MTV style popularity contest....

if i was any of the prior winners who actually put work and effort into bringing peace to the world, reducing suffering and making people safer, i would be PISSED

1 person likes this.
  2. E_SolSi

and yes i know clayton posted that link in the other thread... so let me be the first to throw up the :repostred: flag
    i dont care

that thread isnt about this, and i feel that this issue deserves its own thread

3. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

Maybe he'll end up getting arrested for trying to evade the IRS for the income he gets from the prize and get impeached?

4. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

I wish I could say I am surprised. But I am sure the rest of the world is foaming at the mouth because we have a appologist for a president. When I get to work I will expand upon my thought. Can't bang out a six page rant on my phone.

5. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

I don't care about Nobel Prizes anymore; they give that out to just about anyone nowadays. Didn't Gore win one too?

I wonder what Alfred Nobel would have to say about their decisions....

6. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!WAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! oh shit.. Got... to... breathe...

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  7. Cashizslick

Cashizslick !i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

Check out the quotes listed in this article:

Obama Peace Prize win has Americans asking why? | Reuters

He has not closed guantanomo, we are still in Iraq, we are still in Afghanistan, We may go to Iran, unemployment is just about 10%, healthcare is stalled in congress, the Patriot act has been extended... He has done NOTHING.

I work on commission, pay my taxes & my rent - Where's my prize? Where's Ahmadinijad's prize? Where's Tyrell owens' prize? Where's GWB's prize?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  8. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

This to me also illustrates the amount of corruption that exists on a global scale. They are royally screwing honest to God hero's of peace. People that are trying to figure out how to quell the violence in N. Africa. They are sending a message that if you talk a good game but never execute, well sure we will hand it out anyway so we can have a political alley on the global stage. The best thing that President Obama could do right now is give that shit back, and I mean today. He along with his staff may think that this is the crowning jewel of his re election campaign but this WILL bite him the ass ten fold. In my opinion the only way a sitting president should ever be awarded the Nobel Price for Peace should be if they personally over see the end of WW III. I mean actually sit down and accept pistols and lead the negations of peace.

These awards have been empty for quit a while now. But at least before they faked it well enough. Or tried to anyway, with Gore it was pretty obvious that they have lowered their standards.

Everyone seems so concerned with what other nations think about us. This is a very flawed logic. We need to consolidate our shit and handle our business here at home instead of tearing down our America and rebuilding it in whatever PC way the rest of the world wants us to be. But noooooooooo we elected an apologist to our highest seat. With a message of 'hope and change' so the rest of the world views us in a more favorable light. Well you know what, the world is not rainbows and sunshine god damn it. Back in the day the rest of the world may not have liked us all that much but they damn sure respected us. We are not huge, we dont have unlimited resources and our allies have dropped us off on the curb before so why should we rely on a global coalition of countries that think guns made out of bunnies and sunshine will actually do us a damn bit of good. Even more so when Putin is still in power, the Middle East is still a shit hole and Mexico is and has been on the brink of complete collapse?

But I guess a lot of people are still blinded by the tag line of hope and change. To busy drinking the Cool-Aid to see the dagger they are holding a knife behind their backs. Nothing has been done to remotely facilitate peace, hope or change. Well the change is under way but not in the way it was described on the trail.

Well done America, your grandparents, great grandparents and everyone else who came before us would me proud. Proud that some of them fought and died for the ideas of Democracy. The idea that we all deserve a fair shake in life. I mean, I am sure they wanted this right? That is why they stared down some of the most hostile threats this world has ever seen, so we could elected a President that runs around talking about how horribly wrong we have been in the past.

9. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

be black, be asian, be hispanic. anything other than caucasian, and you will get praise and awards. unfortunately at this time in history and around the world, if you're a wasp, you're wrong.

my $.01. no need for .02. i'm staying out of this because i'll get called a communist again. you'll learn. all of you will learn.

10. E_SolSi

oh aint this some shit

:lmao:

now factor this in to the equation

yes that is right... Obama HAD to be nominated by FEBRUARY...
    meaning they nominated him based off of his campaign, and his FIRST 11 DAYS IN OFFICE

so.... lets take a look at his first 2 weeks in office
    The Obama Presidency Day By Day - CBS News

while im sure that those were indeed 2 busy weeks, im not really seeing anything in there worthy of a Nobel Peace Prize

1 person likes this.
  11. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

i voted for the guy and i cant even believe this crock of shit. what the fuck has he done? i agree whole heartedly with the other sentiments of this thread.

12. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

BUSTED. and repped.

13. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

Awarding him for what he has done in the past year? WTF?

"Change is coming to America.. only if you vote for me"

9 months later..

*awkward crickets*

...YOU GET THE NOBEL PEACE PRIZE!
    Fail. That is all.

14. DarkHand

DarkHand Senior Member VIP

Should have elected Ron Paul.

Or B.

15. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

I know that sentiment. I realized it when I was applying to college. It is the only reason I didn't go to Seton Hall. They had no scholarships for me. Not just academic based scholarships, NO scholarships. To get money from Seton Hall you had to be a minority or a woman.

My best friend from college is half Colombian and half Italian. He says himself that he has faced little hardship because he is a minority, but he's not going to not accept free money. I still remember he applied late to Grad School and said, "Hopefully they haven't filled all the empty spots with white kids yet and I can sneak in." He was totally kidding and totally right at the same time.

16. reikoshea

werd. i applied to the air force academy, sat in a senators waiting room 3 times a week for 2 months pestering him for a nomination. Finally got my nomination, and didn't get accepted as an A student, a leader in High School ROTC and a cross-country runner.

Our top running back at my high school got into the USAFA without a nomination. They came to him for the scholarship. He didn't even have to apply. He graduated this year serving his first year in the air force with an engineering degree

17. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

That kind of sounds like it had little to do with him being a minority. For an engineering degree he must have been pretty smart. And if he got a football scholarship, he was a good athlete, regardless of skin color. But I'm also positive that him being a minority didn't hurt the situation either.

18. reikoshea

If you go to the Air Force Academy 90% of the degrees they offer are engineering degrees. And i apparently forgot to mention, yes he was a minority. I guess him being a running back gave that away though.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted