The Oct 4...Drift event....the Aftermath.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
Well, it was an fun, exciting, cold day. We showed up an hour late, due to the wife shopping online....but that didn't matter...what did matter is both car's (CRX-T and the 260Z) mad it down there. After fighting with a lame canapy that I bought at walmart, we gave up and just let it act as a tarp to keep the rain off the equipment. Me and Chriss then jumped in the cars, and did our first run. Chris was in the CRX, and I was in the Z. The wife watched and said that we did ok...the Z didn't slide out like I wanted it too, and Chris was not getting anywhere either. So we swap cars for the rest of the day. Chris was holding his own on the Z, while it doesn't have any suspention, power, or even an LSD...so he was running a stock 29 year old car basicly. I had opened up the throttle plate to WOT on the CRX, and let the turbo do the rest of the work.....and I did all right, not e-brake slides or nothing, but I just took the corners fast and wide, and hoped I would slide a little...it was all fun.... To bad bad Chris hit a cone and destroyed the mint Z's front lip, but it was repaired with-in 5 minutes anyways. That was the only thing that broke the whole day...and thank the car god...we made it home, and Chris took off and Street raced for a minute or so, while I trywed to catch up to him with the Z....

We had a blast, and when the pic's/vid become availible, I'll post them here.

Now to retire the Z to only show status, and keep the CRX for only autocrosses, I am now going to build one of the badest AE86's the EastCoast will see. and that will be the new drift car.

Originally posted by Airjockie@Oct 6 2003, 07:20 PM
We had a blast, and when the pic's/vid become availible, I'll post them here.

Glad you guys had a great time... and better yet that BOTH cars survived intact. I thought of you on Saturday from 2100 miles away. The weather was great here until Sunday night. There was a thunderstorm and while I was watching out for deer on the way back to my motel, to my horror, there were small frogs leaping across my beloved twisty farm road... :ph34r: Today, there were turtles to avoid on highway 79. I pulled over and plucked a large one out of the road... :)

So will there be one more drift event to go to before the end of the year?

did you eat it?? hehe j/k! :lol:

yea, i really did a good job with the Z. had i been driving it more often (like martine's car!!! :p ) i would have done much better. i dont really think i could have gotten the 240 out the same way, the clutch is dead and it doesnt get out under what little power it has... or maybe i just need bald tires.

id definately drift the Z again, it was great! and thanks to steve for donating a set of good tires for us to destroy. ;)

Did you hear that it rained frogs and frog eggs in Connecticut this weekend?

-> Steve

You should see my road and the frogs... I used to be all careful and bad about it... Now I'm vaguely aware of the car sliding more than usual as things hop across the headlights.

Gross

It rained frogs last year too.

That's not just a fable - It really does rain frogs sometimes. They get picked up as tadpoles and eggs in droplets of rain in hot weather storms, carried to the air where they may until they reach about an ounce. If they are adult frogs, like recently, they have literally been picked up by the winds and carried to other places. It's been known to do that with fish too - but not that I've seen.

There are also common cases of finding frogs within rocks. They seep in as eggs or tadpoles and thrive off of algae and crap - Then they get big and they are sealed within the rock.

Not lyin'

-> Steve

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 7 2003, 01:23 AM
thats nasty....

thats just not right. as if bird shit isnt bad ebough, you gotta watch out for falling frogs too? daaaaaaaaaamn!

hey clayton, hows that turbo working? :D

-Chris

Boosting at 9PSI...and almost getting to 10...it's sweet....if you remember where I live, then swing by sometime, and I'll let you play with it a bit.

ONE WORD...........

ahq.jpg

FUN

thats a nice pic clayton.

must be nice to have boost :p

-Chris

ferrari2.jpg

I can almost hear Airjockie... "Nice AE86 dude"

-> Steve

Didn't mean to threadjack, but it's stupid to start ANOTHER thread today so I can air-comment.

oooooh, now thats a nice pic. Hows the Volvo running? ;)

I think i'd take the yellow one

-Chris

How's the Volvo running ? I'm sure a LOT better than those delicate little flowers called Ferrari.

-> Steve

His wife has to drive something when she picks him up on the side of the road / in jail.

goto VLC and get the OS that you have...you can then watch most of the vid you dl in awesome contentment.

Back