The official CRVTEC Hatch thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
Ok, I'm done posting 656875432418576.3 threads every time I do something to the hatch. Please don't move this to the auto multimedia forum, I want people from off the site to be able to view this.

Here's a breakdown of what I've got, in case you've been in a cave for the past few months.

1989 Honda Civic Std
Painted '93 RX-7 Silver by me

head:
99 B18C1 GSR head
Skunk2 Stage 2 cams
Skunk2 adj. cam gears
Portflow valvesprings & retainers
Skunk2 intake manifold
Ebay short-ram
ARP head studs
Magnecor plug wires

block:
1999 B20Z2 CR-V block
Bored/honed to 84.5mm
IB-spec Wiseco 13:1 pistons
Eagle H-beam rods
95 B18B LS crank
Unorthodox crank pulley
Mugen thermostat
Golden Eagle B20/VTEC kit

clutch/drivetrain:
99 JDM CTR transmission w/LSD
Hasport hydro-cable conversion
Clutchmasters Stage 3 clutch

fuel/management:
Walboro 255lph pump
DSM 450cc injectors
socketed P28 ecu
Hondata s200

exhaust
ported JDM ITR header
RSR ExMag exhaust
CarSound 2.5" cat

exterior:
Buddy Club P1 QF 15" wheels
Falken Ziex 205/50/15 tires
Skunk2 extended wheel studs
Skunk2 magnesium lug nuts
Skunk2 springs
Tokico HP struts
Arospeed front/rear camber kit
VIS hood

I think that's about it...I'll post up pics and a vid of the dyno session when I get home on Monday.

DSC00423.jpg

DSC00425.jpg

DSC00422.jpg

DSC00427.jpg

DSC00426.jpg

DSC00432.jpg

DSC00433.jpg

DSC00439.jpg

DSC00434.jpg

DSC00438.jpg

DSC00436.jpg

DSC00404.jpg

DSC00442.jpg

DSC00440.jpg

:thumbsup:

*flies to Texas to steal Will's car*

I don't like silver cars but that looks pimpage. Now all you have to do is not roll it.

did you go to the dyno already? or your going monday? interested in seeing some numbers.

Originally posted by CRVTEC@Dec 21 2004, 09:28 PM
Please don't move this to the auto multimedia forum, I want people from off the site to be able to view this.
[post=435639]Quoted post[/post]​

What an attention whore. lol. :p Nice pics. :)

all those mods and an Ebay short ram...that's fucking hilarious

@ least get a damn comptech ice box or the carbon fiber whale penis

Originally posted by erebunicrx@Dec 21 2004, 09:44 PM
did you go to the dyno already? or your going monday? interested in seeing some numbers.
[post=435652]Quoted post[/post]​

Monday the 27th...

Hopefully Monday night I'll post the dyno and a vid :D

If people want to view it they can register, there's a auto multimedia forum for a reason.

BTW, nice ride.

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Dec 22 2004, 03:06 AM
looks sweet!

all that go, and no braking power. ouch. :p
[post=435726]Quoted post[/post]​

thats the first thing that came to my mind. brembo blanks, hawk hp (or hp+) pads, ss lines, and some good brake fluid will go a long way.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle+Dec 22 2004, 01:25 PM-->
TurboMirage
@Dec 22 2004, 03:06 AM
looks sweet!

all that go, and no braking power. ouch. :p
[post=435726]Quoted post[/post]​

thats the first thing that came to my mind. brembo blanks, hawk hp (or hp+) pads, ss lines, and some good brake fluid will go a long way.
[post=435875]Quoted post[/post]​

will dosnt plan on stopping - do you will !

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@Dec 22 2004, 07:42 AM
Nice setup. Good luck with those b20 sleeves... :thumbsup:
[post=435788]Quoted post[/post]​

beerbong you of all people should know with proper tuning any engine can go along way- he isnt boosting so thats not a problem - are you looking more into his compression- my b20 has served me well on 6 psi with shit for fuel management - hopefully next year i can move into some thing much better -
remember your own words - tuning is the key whether its uberdata - or hondata - which ever is your choice or in your budget

Originally posted by b204dr+Dec 22 2004, 01:16 PM-->
beerbongskickass
@Dec 22 2004, 07:42 AM
Nice setup.  Good luck with those b20 sleeves... :thumbsup:
[post=435788]Quoted post[/post]​

beerbong you of all people should know with proper tuning any engine can go along way- he isnt boosting so thats not a problem - are you looking more into his compression- my b20 has served me well on 6 psi with shit for fuel management - hopefully next year i can move into some thing much better -
remember your own words - tuning is the key whether its uberdata - or hondata - which ever is your choice or in your budget
[post=435893]Quoted post[/post]​

Good tuning can go a long way, but not so much in this case. Any mistake at all and boom! B20 sleeves just can't handle a decent amount of power like other b-series sleeves. Your better off going with any other block if your serious about making horsepower. The design of the sleeves make them weak, that is a fact. Lots of people have cracked b20 sleeves N/A and even more people have cracked them when boosting. I just don't see the point of spending all that money building a b20. That's why I told him good luck.

Back