The Official IDB Racing Pikes Peak International Hill Climb build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

By "that's not the line..." I just meant that's not how I would approached it. It's a term my friends and I started using while watching the nurburgring Wipeout videos. Still looks good. Is the gap going to remain? Curious, could you caveat the rules by making deep rounded nodes for the diffuser so they aren't actually totally vertical panels?

The gap is there in order to vent any air that makes its way to the top of the diffuser, so that I don't get a 'parachute' effect. Not the most attractive looking way to do it, but without an actual wind tunnel to do testing with, I feel like it's a 'better safe than sorry' type scenario.

As far as the diffuser nodes, I could probably make them rounded, but [i think] that would lose any effectiveness that it might have. The way we've got it now, I should be well within the allowed real estate once I get the rest of the skirting and panels on...and, if they determine that I've got too many flat vertical panels, I'll have my Makita battery sawzall with me :)

I meant like, 80 year old DD cups. Somewhere between a V and a U. Just a thought. Since you're clear on real estate I'm just proposing ideas for next time.

Also if you read this thread in reverse it's about dickskate buying an awesome tarmac rally car.

Couplea updated photos...got the lexan in and some decals on!

dy0lqt.jpg

jf9k6c.jpg

v8diyu.jpg

2nsxrau.jpg

It's finally back to being 'nice' outside, so we should have the rear bumper back in the next few days...spoiler should be in sometime next week, too! :D

Starting to look like a race car! Good job man.

Should we make a version of the header with Wil's m3 as the outlined vehicle?

Someone make some 'actual font' Hondaswap stickers that I can buy and I'll throw those on, too :D

Back