The Official Minecraft thread.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
Anyone else excited for 1.8? I'm patiently waiting for 1.8 to be released so that bukkit will catch up and my home server will finally switch over. I miss playing minecraft, but I don't want to build anything else until the switch.

Drake and I both moderate on smp.mintyfreshcreepers.net come join us, the pre-release cost is only $21.95 one time cost.

Darkhand, what was the IP to your server?

Im looking forward to it. But not the kids screaming about all the changes and loosing their structures even though weve been talking about it for two damn months.

Apparently, I can't find any pigs. I love how cows give you raw beef, cooking them produces steak. Yum.

You have to keep running around loading new chunks to get them to spawn I belive.

Chyeah. found some. I love having different foods now. Finding cows now is going to be difficult now that I want to get some milk.

Im loading up before we roll over

I'm using the time to fuck around with redstone... some of these gates actually come in handy. I have an XNOR gate on one door and an AND gate on another, if I throw a switch on the inside, you can't open the door with the pressure plate from the outside. It'll come in handy keeping people from just warping into my pyramid and doing whatever they want.

I also figured out how to put an AND gate onto a set of piston doors (like at the walmart). :)

minecraft 1.0 is out and mintyfresh is on the new map, everyone buy it and get in there! smp.mintyfreshcreepers.net :)

Last edited:
I may have to buy Minecraft for the PC now that I bought it for XBLA and see how much fun it is!

Bumping the old thread since there's no reason to make a new one.

Played it last night on multiplayer on my 360 with my girlfriend last night. Wasn't able to figure out how to make a structure that wouldn't get blown up by a creeper though in the middle of the night so we both kept respawning lol.

Brick stone is your best bet. Mine the stone (it pops as cobblestone), then put that in the furnaces to cook it back into stone, then put it in a 2x2 patteron on the crafting table to make Brick stone. It won't get blown up. If you buy it for PC get online at smp.mintyfreshcreepers.net. Drake and I play on there.

Mine at level 12 (on pc you press F3 to see where you are on the y axis), that will yield you a crapton of iron ore, once you smelt that into ingots you can make armor which will keep you from dying due to creeper explosions. Next look for skeletons and spiders, they'll drop string, arrows, bones and every now and then a skeleton will drop a bow. It's useful for taking out creepers from a distance.

Last edited:
Back