the o'lady's new dd

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it hyas a new rebuilt engine in it.....the kid wanted a diffrent car thats why they where sekking it its a good car...but with any used car their will be quarks.......... but i will try to reset the ecu.........

have to look at the ecu......engine is a d16/d15
well, which one is it? can't be both.
it hyas a new rebuilt engine in it.....the kid wanted a diffrent car thats why they where sekking it its a good car...but with any used car their will be quarks.......... but i will try to reset the ecu.........
what is the ecu code/model. and there is a difference between quirks and broken. he might have been selling it because he couldnt' fix it or that he knew what is wrong with it. how much did you get it for?

1700$ for it. and i will check the ecu and engine in a few i am getting the breaks bleed right know.. but d15b 2442300?:

pull the negative battery cable for about 5 minutes,if its still in limp mod,check the cluster to see if there is even a bulb in the CEL

ok and yes there is a buld in the cluster......

pull the negative battery cable for about 5 minutes,if its still in limp mod,check the cluster to see if there is even a bulb in the CEL
it's very possible there could have been a problem and the guy pulled the bulb to get it to go out so he could sell it.

I personally wouldn't buy a car in limp mode. i want something that runs great. if it doesn't run, it better be the cleanest shell in the world. but i want to help and not rub salt in the wound. hopefully it's easy to fix. and it wasn't really that much money.

it's very possible there could have been a problem and the guy pulled the bulb to get it to go out so he could sell it.

I personally wouldn't buy a car in limp mode. i want something that runs great. if it doesn't run, it better be the cleanest shell in the world. but i want to help and not rub salt in the wound. hopefully it's easy to fix. and it wasn't really that much money.
word,ive seen it done before,tey just pull the bulb,and itll run fine,until you get to that rpm

edit,i know exactly what it is,take the vtec solenoid. off,and clean it really good,then put it back on,reset the ecu,im 99% sure thats what it is,
alot of my friends cars have done this

Last edited:
ok i will try that next...... i reset the ecu and same shit!!! if its not the vtec silinoid then i guess the next thing would be dizzy....right?

not necessarily.

could be a lot of things. depends on if it sputters or not. could be anything from low oil to a wiring problem.

its good on oil..... will try the vtec silanoid thing nxt

HELLO KITTY DIE-CUT CAR EXHAUST PIPE NEW RARE - eBay (item 260318781533 end time Dec-03-08 05:20:52 PST)

Hello-Kitty-exhaust-pipe.jpg

I'd put two of those on my wifes subaru, but the exhaust on it point's down... :(

subaru_outback_25i_2008_exterior_rearview_640x480.jpg

Back