The Passion Of The Honkey.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Oh yeah, spread out 120 grand for the BASE plane (figure another 30- 40K on top of that for stuff like radios, steps, ect) 'till I'm 50. Meanwhile, I'm not doing shit. Oh, and then figure in 3% annual inflation on top of that... Forget it, pal.

I'm leaning more towards ultralights anyway. I let my medical run out a few years back, I'm not really current as far as my hours go, and after looking at all the bullshit involved with the FAA and private pilots licenses, I'm just going to say eff it. Besides, all I really want to do is go up and poke some holes in the sky for a few hours on a sunny day. I figure a Honkey- modified Fisher Flying Products FP-303 with a Rotax 577 would be perfect for me. And I could have it in the air for ~$7000.

haha thats why i started saving a few years ago :lol:

btw im an aviation flight science major so i know how it is.im trying to stick with it but any commercial aviation job right now sucks, so that leaves one thing... cars :)

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Mar 11 2004, 01:38 PM
The 2Jz is too heavy, and isn't rated for continuous operation. I'd rather use a turbo Metro engine.

Like I said- go fly an airplane and you'll see what I mean.

d03z Ur plAn3 G0t Vtech y0?

that would be funney, a ricer plane with vtec and nawz lol

That's one of the reasons why you'll never see a "riced out" airplane... airplanes aren't cheap, and generally, those that own aircraft, or fly them have money and/ or are above that kiddy crap. That's anothe reason why I'm leaving cars. EVERYTHING about cars nowadays is bullshit. Everyone has a fucking attitude, and you can't even talk to a guy on the street about his car without him either refusing to "show his secret" in fear of someone building a faster car than him, or him being such an asshole about how your car sucks because it's not what he has. Fuck that. It's not just Honda guys. It's EVERYONE. Aviation is different- people are mature, sophisticated, educated, respectful, and open minded. Rather than going "STFU, No0b!" when a new guy has an idea, they welcome him into the circle and bestowe him with the knowledge nessicary to understand why his idea may not be best.

I'm also tired of being told I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm tired of spending an hour with someone, giving them advice, only to be told, "I'm gonna do it this way instead." I'm tired of putting forth the effort to look up materials prices for someone interested in having me build a manifold, only to have them tell me their dad is going to build one.

You know what? I was driving to work this morning and some guy in a '92-ish Accord with a windshield banner was behind me, and you know what I thought? "That fucking punk in the Honda is going to try to race me and drive like an asshole." Turns out, he didn't, but it's the association. Now, if I, a car nut with taste and a finger on the pulse of imports thinks that, what does the average person who doesn't know anything beyond what F&F told them think? Most likely the same thing. When I hear an exhaust now, instead of looking at what's making the noise, I shake my head becuase it's just another butt-tard with an exhaust and no taste or class.

Oh sure, my cars have always been performance oriented, but in the eyes of everyone else, they're "just another one of those damn Hondas with wheels and an annoying exhaust." Bye bye cars. I'm through with the attitude, image, false hopes of "street cred," and assholes I meet.

Like I said- I'll still post here in Members, and I'll throw VT meets and come down to MA and CT to hang out with you guys 'n gals, but you won't see any more tech posts or car projects from me for a long time.

well, one thing about airplanes is that they are different than cars.

When ur car is running a lil rough, you can pull over to the side of the road.

BUT if you dont change ur oil every 3kmiles in a plane you are skrewed - no breakdown lane for you lol.

BTW loco - how many hours have you logged?

I'm well aware of the maintenence side of aviation- I hold an A&P license. I don't have my books in front of me, but off the top of my head, I'm up around 450- 500 hours and have flown C150/ 152, C170, C172, C195, Aeronca Champ, Bellanca Super Decathlon, Pitts S2S, Piper Cub, Piper Super Cub, and a Fouga Magister. Honestly, out of all those, the Champ and Cub were my favorites. There's just something about an old rag wing stick 'n rudder tail dragger that really gets me hot. :)

go into to classics im in the middle of have a bel shiped out to me

a 56 hard to belair one of the nicest cars ever made.
I have found that guys into the classics do dick around they do shit right

Ji....= B)

I left Aviation from 1993-1997....

it's just like riding a bike...once you fall off, you can get right back on.

This will prolly be my last year for playing with cars and racing......

I will prolly finish up my private next spring....or this fall...depends if I have a house and the money for the rentals....

But I'm going to build me a seaplane.....Hanger fee's are to much, slips are cheaper.....and it's just cool as fawk to land on the water instead of the highways when you run out of gas.......hehe

Back