The post junk found in a junkyard thats better than average junkyard junk thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

its got pivoting points, so it serves no real purpose other than looks

and you have it backwards.

go to your local shop and weld those hinges!

Great deal on a VSS. I paid like 55 for my VSS I bought back on my old hatchback.

Its backwards? Haha, I thought it goes on like that because thats how I took it off.
I can't even find out who makes it, its got 3 stickers and i've found nothing.
Accel, Mr. Gaskets, and Lakewood Industries.

So I should weld the henges where they pivot?

It's on their right. Because if you look at the strut bolts, and the angle they mount from, I believe that's the only way it works. That's how those cheapo's looked on my last 4 hondas. I always started with the crappers, welded them, snapped the welds, then ended up with neuspeed.

358073_5_full.jpg
Not one of my cars.

Mercury? He must be joking or has no clue of the periodic table and the properties of mercury.

You wouldn't be able to start the car at the temp needed to make mercury a solid. Effing Freezing!

Make me a titanium one for my CR-Z?

Also:
I got some really cool stuff from the yards in Germany. I sold a lot of it on this board too, here's one.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Yeah, I know shitty photo. I had no idea how to shoot without a soft-box back then.

Attachments

• 20080325-DSC_0001.jpg
    20080325-DSC_0001.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 182
  • 20080325-DSC_0002.jpg
    20080325-DSC_0002.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Mercury? He must be joking or has no clue of the periodic table and the properties of mercury.

You wouldn't be able to start the car at the temp needed to make mercury a solid. Effing Freezing!

Lol I'm a chemistry major, so I'm pretty sure I know Mercury is a liquid. But really, like a no joint strut bar?

It's on their right. Because if you look at the strut bolts, and the angle they mount from, I believe that's the only way it works. That's how those cheapo's looked on my last 4 hondas. I always started with the crappers, welded them, snapped the welds, then ended up with neuspeed.

358073_5_full.jpg
Not one of my cars.

how do you snap the welds????

If the struts push inwards they shouldn't snap and even though mine has joints, they screwed into the main bar with a nut on each side to tighten it up. So should it still serve as the main point it suppose to? (not being smart, just lacking knowledge of a strut bar.

ive welded a dozen or so and none of them have snapped. im just trying to figure it out. if anything, the joints bend first.

Mecury is a liquid.....in most tempatures, my fair chem major!

Back