the power of 3 gods at your fingertips...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

that's way old, silly civilians B)

In case you were wondering, the AC130 gunship is mounted with a Howezier (sp?) Artilary piece. And yes it works extremely well as you can see.

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Jan 16 2004, 06:29 PM
that's way old, silly civilians B)

In case you were wondering, the AC130 gunship is mounted with a Howezier (sp?) Artilary piece. And yes it works extremely well as you can see.

along with a couple vulcan cannons to round things up

Sorry....My Fav is still the A-10....I was planning to be a Worthog pilot since I was 12 years old, and then my damn eyes gave out on me, freak accident...then I gave up in school, got royally fucked with, then joined the Air Force anyways as a mech. Strangly, my eyes got better and I now have perfect vision...but I did't have the GPA... :( , but I got to crew the F-15, and that became my stable mount, funny though...I now build Blackhawks and Seahawks, and the Comanche is going into production already.......So I'll have my old job back in the hanger messing with them...hehe

But The A-10...has the best gun on any aircraft/vehical....

Originally posted by Airjockie@Jan 16 2004, 08:40 PM
Sorry....My Fav is still the A-10....I was planning to be a Worthog pilot since I was 12 years old, and then my damn eyes gave out on me, freak accident...then I gave up in school, got royally fucked with, then joined the Air Force anyways as a mech. Strangly, my eyes got better and I now have perfect vision...but I did't have the GPA... :( , but I got to crew the F-15, and that became my stable mount, funny though...I now build Blackhawks and Seahawks, and the Comanche is going into production already.......So I'll have my old job back in the hanger messing with them...hehe

But The A-10...has the best gun on any aircraft/vehical....

My first base had F15's, I do Hydro work

F15>anything currently in production (max vert y0!)

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Jan 16 2004, 09:10 PM

im sorry but i have to disagree

the A10 is by far the most badass plane ever

yes its slow (Speed: 420 mph - Mach 0.56)
yes its old (Introduction Date: March 1976)
yes its ugly as hell (one of the things that makes it so beautiful)

but this evil fucker is packing 16,000lbs of mixed ordinance
and the one thing that truely matters
this:
The General Electric GAU-8/A Avenger seven barreled 30 mm Gatling rotary cannon
it carries 1,350 high explosive or armour piercing rounds weighing 2lbs each... and fires them at either 2,100 rpm. or 4,200 rpm. (rounds per minute)
a-10_15.jpg

a-10_pic6.jpg
a-10_pic4.jpg

s4008a8dcea621.jpg

heres a quick video of an A-10 doing 2 strafing runs
http://www.danshistory.com/a10strafe.avi

:worthy:

A10 is one very outdated jet very nice outdated jet

the F15 is also VERY outdated but put both of them in the air together and the F15 would own the A10 buttttttttttt whats better a big truck with tons of torque or small car with tons of horse power?

do you want to race or go off roading?

A10 great air to ground

F15 best jet in the air when it comes to dog fighting

not counting the F22 but can I count that?

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Jan 16 2004, 10:10 PM-->
Silverchild79
@Jan 16 2004, 09:10 PM

im sorry but i have to disagree

the A10 is by far the most badass plane ever

yes its slow (Speed: 420 mph - Mach 0.56)
yes its old (Introduction Date: March 1976)
yes its ugly as hell (one of the things that makes it so beautiful)

but this evil fucker is packing 16,000lbs of mixed ordinance
and the one thing that truely matters
this:
The General Electric GAU-8/A Avenger seven barreled 30 mm Gatling rotary cannon
it carries 1,350 high explosive or armour piercing rounds weighing 2lbs each... and fires them at either 2,100 rpm. or 4,200 rpm. (rounds per minute)
a-10_15.jpg

a-10_pic6.jpg
a-10_pic4.jpg

s4008a8dcea621.jpg

heres a quick video of an A-10 doing 2 strafing runs
http://www.danshistory.com/a10strafe.avi

:worthy:

You simply can't compare the two. The F15 a/b/c/d/e is an all around fighter + bomber It STILL outguns MiGs and some new Russion shit. However F22 > F15

and then you have...the A10 which is a low flying bomber/infantry straffer.

F15 = me :worthy: :worthy: for it's capabilities
A10 = me :worthy: :worthy: for it's capabilities
F22 = me :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

F15 is super old!!!!!! the F22 is still um well um let me know when you see one flying other then at airshows

I see F16s almost everyday flying around maryland F15s are not around this area F16s are air to ground jets and do DC runs

ok ... i suppose you guys are right

its defnatly an apples to oranges comparison

i guess being that i was a ground troop (91B combat medic) the A-10 holds a special place in my heart :)
luckily i never ended up going anywhere and needing her ugly ass to save me

I still like the spectra. Something about the capacity of a heavy cargo plane in ordinance being unloaded on the unfortunate people below makes me feel fuzzy inside. :lol:

edit: And it can shoot continuously for more then 8 seconds without its barrels melting :D

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 16 2004, 10:49 PM
ok ... i suppose you guys are right

its defnatly an apples to oranges comparison

i guess being that i was a ground troop (91B combat medic) the A-10 holds a special place in my heart :)
luckily i never ended up going anywhere and needing her ugly ass to save me

:werd: anything that will help to bring out the guys that aren't lazy and get off their bums voluntarily to defend my right to sit on my ass is A'Ok in my Book. :p

The F15 was always my favorite Fighter ever since I found out about them. F16s are stationed here in Ft Wayne so I hear them every now and then. and F/A 18 Hornets have their unique abilities as well. I surprised my brother when I could tell them apart. I guess he thought I was just stupid or something. :shrug2:

The A10 is a great bomber for it's age. Isnt there a Denzel Washington & Meg Ryan movie they're featured in, Napalming the area after a group of survivors were rescued from their medivac heli?

Pretty Pictures

s4008bb7815fac.jpg

s4008bba209c75.jpg

This one I really like. Its a time laps photo of an AC-130 hitting a target area in Vietnam. Keep in mind that for every red line, there are four shots in between. Every fifth round is a tracer round. For this type of strike the gunner has a switch rather then a trigger. They just circle the area until theyre empty and go home. Its a real "Reach out and touch someone" kinda machine.

s4008bbb7afc96.jpg

sorry bout the size, kinda in a hurry.

I seriously got goose bumps and just how fucking awesome that second picture is. :worthy:

id fly the A10 any day. you never really see any news about an F-15 taking a missle to the wing and still flying back home now do you?

plus, there's that bitchin ass gun too!

no the F22 doesn't count because it isn't in production yet. The F15 would waste an A10, but that's like saying that your Bronco would waste my civic in an off road contest. F15 owns because it's the only jet in production today that can accelerate while flying straight up (90 degrees to the ground).

Back