The power of GOD at your fingertips...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

oh my fucking God....

I don't think I could do something like that. :unsure:

I don't think I'd have had a problem with that if you didn't see the heat from the first guys guts blown all over the sand. :eek:

If I remember correctly...ahem... Welcome to the world of the 30mm chain gun children. ;)

I may be off on the ballistics but it's late and I'm trying to remember. Airjockie said in a previous thread about the apache rotor design making it much quiter than traditional bladed birds. I think I remember the Warthog's gun being supersonic and I'm trying to find out if the Apache's 30mm is also. Anyone know? anyone..Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? :D

god i'm a nerd, i thought you guys were talking to apache server

Originally posted by jiahanhao@Jan 16 2004, 04:01 AM

:bo: :bo:

don't forget to tape up your glasses and wear your pocket protector. :p

Originally posted by Wycked Sniper@Jan 16 2004, 03:42 AM
If I remember correctly...ahem... Welcome to the world of the 30mm chain gun children. ;)

100% correct if you would like to do that in your room check out a game called "operation flash point" and theres mucho more then that, this game is amazing!

oh yeah, i dont think it is supersonic. To bad ;)

Originally posted by jiahanhao@Jan 16 2004, 04:01 AM

:withstupid:

I was like lets see what they are doing with the all mighty linux...

My Jane's Longbow 2 game says M230 chain gun. Whatever the hell that is. It's a shame that the Marines weren't given them. Why does the Army get all the good shit when they don't even go into battle half the time? Errrrr.

M230 Automatic Gun

The 30mm, M230 Automatic Gun is a component of the Area Weapon System on the AH-64A Apache Helicopter. The M230 is a single barrel, externally powered (3 HP electric motor), electrically fired, chain driven weapon. It is mounted in the lower section of the gun turret on the underside of the Apache Helicopter. It fires 30mm linkless ammunition at a rate of 625 + 25 shots per minute (SPM). The M230 Gun has a positive cook-off safety (open bolt clearing) and double ram prevention.

Specifications
Rate-of-fire ----------------------------- 625 ± 25 spm
Ammo storage capacity --------------- 1200 rounds M789
Ammo handling system --------------- linear linkless
Length ---------------------------------- 66.0 inches (167.6cm)
Total weight ---------------------------- 127 lb. (57.5 kg)

m230_30mm_gun-s.jpg

m230-s.jpg

m230-apache9-s.jpg

m230_pic-s.jpg

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jan 16 2004, 07:29 AM
I need one of those mounted on top of my car for people who camp in the left lane.

:lol:
you guys have that problem out there too?

Oh Jesus, I can't even begin to tell you. I have a game every morning on my way to work. I see how many people I can pass in the right lane at a time. Not in the whole trip, but once at a time. My record is 18 in a row.

And you know what? It's not a law here that you can't block traffic in the left lane. It's perfectly legal to hold up traffic while you talk on your cell phone, put on makeup and smoke a cigarette while doing 10 under in your soccer-mom SUV in the left lane. However, a law is being written now to correct this problem. Hopefully it goes into effect this year.

ya, its pretty bad out here, but we do have a law saying the left hand lane is a passing lane. 95% of the CA drivers do not know this apparantly.

Back