The project

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

allbottledup

This is what I have now...that red hatch in my avatar was my old hatch. I picked this up for $300. The only thing i did to it so far was put on a high flow car (test pipe) and 2.5 inch piping. The muffler was a $30 ebay special. I started some body work today i wished i saved the old pics of it. well here they are.
gallery_34376_330_7654.jpg

gallery_34376_330_10432.jpg

gallery_34376_330_34293.jpg

gallery_34376_330_29766.jpg

gallery_34376_330_16247.jpg

Let me know what you guys think!

Nice rex man....Thats what i really wanted but instead i got a civic..
what are you doing to it....SWAP?

Good Luck!

NICE DUDE! can i have your wipers lol. nice rex man check mine out its a 88 HF. Good luck. What are you putting in it?

so far just wanna start with a basic b16...well see from there.

nice car, but why 2.5" piping if you're only gonna run a basic b16?

Becuase stock CRX is like 1 3/4"... on a B16 bigger exhuast would be beneficial over stock.

Nice project, it always starts out with a "basic B16"...

Brian

yeah... but, 2.5" is gonna lose all low end torque. cruising at low engine speed, the exhaust will become somewhat stagnant in the pipe, causing a buildup of low velocity exhaust to interfere with the high velocity exhaust coming out when you punch it; hence causing a studder or lag and diminishing throttle response. sure, it'll breathe really good at high rpm, but the throttle response will really suffer at low rpm's. having low velocity, stagnant exhaust in your exhaust system causes backpressure. all i'm saying is 2.5" seems a little big, and i think 2.25" would've been better. actually, i believe i've heard people reccomend 2.25" for h22's on here before. keep in mind, i'm not a mod or a tech, but all i'm saying is that if you plan to cruise around in this car, you will notice these problems..... however, if you're gonna tear through the gears and keep the rpm up every time you drive this car you won't have a problem.

just my two cents.

Originally posted by hondarin@Apr 10 2005, 11:10 PM
yeah... but, 2.5" is gonna lose all low end torque. cruising at low engine speed, the exhaust will become somewhat stagnant in the pipe, causing a buildup of low velocity exhaust to interfere with the high velocity exhaust coming out when you punch it; hence causing a studder or lag and diminishing throttle response. sure, it'll breathe really good at high rpm, but the throttle response will really suffer at low rpm's. having low velocity, stagnant exhaust in your exhaust system causes backpressure. all i'm saying is 2.5" seems a little big, and i think 2.25" would've been better. actually, i believe i've heard people reccomend 2.25" for h22's on here before. keep in mind, i'm not a mod or a tech, but all i'm saying is that if you plan to cruise around in this car, you will notice these problems..... however, if you're gonna tear through the gears and keep the rpm up every time you drive this car you won't have a problem.

just my two cents.
[post=485550]Quoted post[/post]​

there is a simple way around that...

keep the revs up

I would say 2.25 is even a little large for a b16. My b16 boggs a bit down low and I think its from the larger piping causing a lack of backpreasure...however, once i hit 6k rpm, I'm gone :D

thanks guys for the support. Well i looked at it this way. It will never stay stock and 2.5" is good up until i can afford to boost. then it goes to 3. I will take the small loss in the low end, so i dont have to change the piping 10 times. But thanks for the input guys.

Ill be adding more pics this weekend. I decided to gut the car. I miss the red hatch and it was all gutted. But atleast I sold it too a friend and i still get to turn wrenches on it!

I want your CRX. Seriously would you sell it. I've always wanted a CRX too and it would be a perfect DD for me.

I'll give you my prelude and I dunno a couple hundred.

No matter what it looks like a great project.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Apr 27 2005, 06:35 PM
I want your CRX. Seriously would you sell it. I've always wanted a CRX too and it would be a perfect DD for me.

I'll give you my prelude and I dunno a couple hundred.

No matter what it looks like a great project.
[post=492206]Quoted post[/post]​

Nah sorry man its too good of a deal to let go...for shits and giggles i put an ad on the parts trader and had 3 offers for 1200....not bad for 300 plus the couple hundred for the work i put into it. but i love its been too long looking for one to give it up so easy..if i ever do decide to sell it you guys will be the first to know about it

Alright here we go I got off work early and started gutting the rest will be done Sunday saturday looks like rain :(
Heres all the shit pulled out so far (all for sale have an ad in parts section)
gallery_34376_330_10921.jpg

Heres the rear shot (dont mind the toolboxes)
gallery_34376_330_33371.jpg

Driver door
gallery_34376_330_28820.jpg

Pass Door
gallery_34376_330_3764.jpg

Last but not least roof shot
gallery_34376_330_13411.jpg

Like I said the rest Ill post sunday or monday when I finish it

ya know, i thought this wouldn't bother me, [ron white]but i was wrong...[/ron white] lol. everytime i look at this thread i see it again and again.

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd+Apr 11 2005, 03:14 PM-->
@Apr 10 2005, 11:10 PM
yeah... but, 2.5" is gonna lose all low end torque.  cruising at low engine speed, the exhaust will become somewhat stagnant in the pipe, causing a buildup of low velocity exhaust to interfere with the high velocity exhaust coming out when you punch it; hence causing a studder or lag and diminishing throttle response.  sure, it'll breathe really good at high rpm, but the throttle response will really suffer at low rpm's.  having low velocity, stagnant exhaust in your exhaust system causes backpressure.  all i'm saying is 2.5" seems a little big, and i think 2.25" would've been better.  actually, i believe i've heard people reccomend 2.25" for h22's on here before.  keep in mind, i'm not a mod or a tech, but all i'm saying is that if you plan to cruise around in this car, you will notice these problems..... however, if you're gonna tear through the gears and keep the rpm up every time you drive this car you won't have a problem.

just my two cents.
[post=485550]Quoted post[/post]​

there is a simple way around that...

keep the revs up

[post=485789]Quoted post[/post]​

i know the "way around that," and i said it in my original post. why do people needlessly repeat shit? it's like a huge gash on your palm, you try not to think about it but you can't.

p.s.- the project looks good, keep it goin, and keep postin pics.

I will thanks! looks like its supposed to clear up for awhile today so Ill see what I can do

well got screwed and ended up working today...so ill get to it one day this week...all parts still for sale ac too...hope to have more pics up by wednesday

Back