The red Audi...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
So I finally decided on a color. This was literally my last choice, but I like it the best. After buying/testing every color that I liked. I favored ther red.

It's rare you see a red Audi anyway, so it's semi original, not that it matters.

Also, of all the colors, red seemed the hardest to spray, but I'll take my chances. My guinea bumper came out fine.

So in a week or two I'll have a freshly painted red Audi.

My buddy has a red '99 A4 1.8T. He just got it a few weeks ago for like 4k through an insurance auction. Only damage we see so far is the oilpan that has a fist sized hole and there is this crossmember that doubles as a intake tube that is banged up a bit.

What a coincidence. My oil pan has a ncie little hole in it too. More of a reason to source a junker 1.8T, if I could get a rear ended one for like 2k I'd be happy or an junked S4 for like 3k.

I am in love with this color now and I haven't even layed it on the car yet. I can't wait, I just don't have the time or another car. That and I have to pull the dent and fill the dings

I'm contemplating whether I should wait and get a new bumper or just spray the shitty bumper and just spray the new bumper after I finally buy it.

Since it's a solid color, it shouldn't be that hard to match and it sholdn't be a big deal riding round without a bumper for a few days.

Your friend should sell me his taillights, or trade. I want those tails. :mrgreen:

Quoted post[/post]]
My buddy has a red '99 A4 1.8T. He just got it a few weeks ago for like 4k through an insurance auction. Only damage we see so far is the oilpan that has a fist sized hole and there is this crossmember that doubles as a intake tube that is banged up a bit.

watch out for these type of cars as the reason why that car may have been totalled could have been that the original owner let the car run to long after the accident, with that hole and cooked the motor. happens nine times out of ten. I just fixed an 03 golf that had the same thing happen got it all fixed and done and found out the motor was bad

also be sure to remember when deciding to go red that it is the most expensive color by a long shot

One of my best buddies drives a 2000 A4 1.8T Quattro... red.

It wasn't totaled. The insurance company had a policy where they would take the car since the owner didn't want to drive a damaged/fixed vehicle. It has a runs and drives garantee on it to so if after he puts the pan on if anything is messed up he gets 90% back or something.

red is pretty common for the audis i see up here. but maybe i missed it, what is the whole reasoning behind this?

I need to pull the dent, and fix the scratches and dings and I'm tired of the green.

I don't see many red Audi's, but that's not the point. I just happened to like the color red.

go with the Passat Colorado Red. It's a darker, almost blood color. Bright Red is the S4 color.

I like the S4 red.

And I dunno about the insurance, it can't be THAT much more then what I'm paying now...$66/month

I actually tried the rustoleum and although it looks okay, I couldn't justify buying it and putting it on my car. So I went with sherwinn williams.

Damn you. You should have went with waht i told you. Its the same as the sherman williams but like 1/3 the price. Its mixed in-store with the same shit as sherman williams but they just label it differently.

So I'm just about done taping everything off. I got a few spots to touch up with some filler and a little sanding in a couple spots and she'll be ready for paint. I dunno how I'm getting to work tomorrow, but I'l figure something out.

Back