The red Audi...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I sprayed a few coats and almost put a new stain in my painting pants.

I do have a few runs and a few fisheyes, but nothing major. I figure, 3 coats, let it dry, wetsand and an extra coat and I should be fine.

NOW it's red.

I have to go to work or else, I would have fixed the few runs and fisheyes and sanded her down and put one last coat. I guess it'll hae to wait until later.

Either way it looks great, I'll try to get a digicam or take a pic with t out the window....

Fucker. So I sanded out the previous runs....and mixed some paint up. I got over zealous and mixedin too much thinner. Now I have like 15 times more runs, so I get to sand all day tomorrow. :cry:

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

It's dirty, not finished, the side markers are still masked, and that's a reflection on the wheel.

Ignore the sprayed walls and dirty ass garage.

Yeah dude, fucking excellent job, car looks great. What was your method of painting it? Did you take off bumpers, hood, etc and paint those separately, then just tackle the rest or did you just mask everything off and paint it all in one shot?

With careful wet sanding, 1200 and then 6000 paper, clearcoat and buff / polish that car could gleem. The coat looks nice,

And I didn't think anyone had less room to move around than in MY garage. Holy shit.

Yea it fucking sucks. I'm glad I had tons of face masks because that would have killed me while painting.

And that's the plan, I need to wait til I have some more free time to do it though.

Back