The Roof, the roof, the roof is on fire...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
Well, just got back from Lowes...grabbed 20 sheets of plywood, 22 bundles of shingles, 3 rools of tar paper, 2 standoff brackets, and a 2x10x10 board....half is unloaded...and tommorrow is the stripping of the old roof....

if I would have bought the stuff about 2 months ago...I would have saved $200.... :cry:

Katrina and rita reaked havok on the damn prices for plywood and shingles....they were like $11 a sheet and now $15.99...for the 3/8" 4x8 playwood...and the shingles used to be $11 a bundle...now they are like $13.99... :mad:

Ohh well...I'm still saving more than $1K doing it myself....

But some help would be appreiciated :wink:

It should be....roofing nailer supplied by by neighbor, framing nailer supplied by the other neighbor, and all the supplies and beer on hand....

hardest part will be getting the stuff on top of the roof... :cry:

...we don't need no water, let the mother fucker burn. burn mother fucker.

The Bloodhound Gang is hilarious, especially on the "hooray for boobies" Cd. :p

Shit those are some high prices. You shouldn't be using 11/32nd plywood btw. Regular 15/32nd CDX would be what you want, and a couple months ago, it was $10.91 a board, which is killer if you ask me. And shingles wise, what kind are you buying? Regular 20 year 3 tab? I'd recommend only running, 30 year minimum architectual grade, because price wise they're much higher quality and look much much better.. Make sure you lap the felt paper real good, and you remember to use some good 2x2 galvanized drip edge.

i would help put but i just put in about 50hrs last week doing roofing and started theis week off ripping one. and my back hurts from carrying shingles up the ladder

Quoted post[/post]]
Shit those are some high prices. You shouldn't be using 11/32nd plywood btw. Regular 15/32nd CDX would be what you want, and a couple months ago, it was $10.91 a board, which is killer if you ask me. And shingles wise, what kind are you buying? Regular 20 year 3 tab? I'd recommend only running, 30 year minimum architectual grade, because price wise they're much higher quality and look much much better.. Make sure you lap the felt paper real good, and you remember to use some good 2x2 galvanized drip edge.

I got lucky...last night I researched what thicknes to use...and I was sweating bullets...I didn't want to load it all back up, and waste another half day getting the thicker stuff...on the board it's 0/24...and my rafters just happen to be 2 feet apart...

so far I am 1/20th done :)

Good luck with that..............

They have this type of plastic crap that they put/spill/mold (i really dont know how it works).. over your roof so that you never have to roof ever again...... costs alot, but it works.. my friends parents got it done to their house.. its pretty cool.. comes in a couple colours.. lol

Why does america juniors always add a U when something ends in OR?

ColoUr
FlavoUr
FavoUr
MonitoUr
loloUr

Quoted post[/post]]
Well, just got back from Lowes...grabbed 20 sheets of plywood, 22 bundles of shingles, 3 rools of tar paper, 2 standoff brackets, and a 2x10x10 board....half is unloaded...and tommorrow is the stripping of the old roof....

if I would have bought the stuff about 2 months ago...I would have saved $200.... :cry:

Katrina and rita reaked havok on the damn prices for plywood and shingles....they were like $11 a sheet and now $15.99...for the 3/8" 4x8 playwood...and the shingles used to be $11 a bundle...now they are like $13.99... :mad:

Ohh well...I'm still saving more than $1K doing it myself....

But some help would be appreiciated :wink:

if i lived near ya i would of helped, i done tons of roofs!

hehe...

I am now 1/6th done with putting the roof on, all the old wood is piled up for a bonfire when the job is done. I'll have about one more day of decent weather, but I should have one side done.

canada is/was a part of the united kingdom... and in british, its colour.... not color.

thats why we have lang = "en-us" and lang = "en-uk" as common mine types

Got half done today....one full side, completely stripped and new plywood up...tommorrow is the joys of shingleing...got the roofing nailer already, just got to stop by Homedepot on the way home and get the nails.....then try to get the shit on the roof before the rain starts....

then clean up half the mess, and bring a car in for some work on Sat.....I'll have Sat night off if anyone wants to hang out and shoot the shit...

Actually, American English is the only form that doesn't use the "u" in "or" suffices.

There is no right or wrong, only dialects in this case.

Quoted post[/post]]
canada is/was a part of the united kingdom... and in british, its colour.... not color.

thats why we have lang = "en-us" and lang = "en-uk" as common mine types

I thought Canada was mostly settled by the French? Followed then by the British settlers? Hence why they have two national languages, French and English.

Back