the S13 got a new exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Smonkeyboy

Well the time was today.... muffler fell off a few days ago, so finally put the thermal muffler i got so long ago to use.

2.5in cat back with an 18" resonator, through a universal Thermal R&D muffler and tip.

basically i was going to clone the SupraTT and Eclipe GST/GSX Thermal exhausts... and it worked.

Look=9
Sound Quality = 9
Loudness = 4

Exhaust4.jpg

Exhaust3.jpg

Exhaust2.jpg

Exhaust1.jpg

Muffler = $110
Tip = $70
Piping / Install = $250

Total Cost = $430

i know it ended up being expensive, and i could have got a 5-zigen rocket for less, but i am the only person with this exhaust.

disguss

looks good mang! is that just regular crush bent aluminized exhaust piping from an exhaust shop? if so it looks pretty nice the bends look all pretty decent, as far as whats visible. Im not into a big shiny polshed muffler and tip but other than that :thumbsup:

Looks good to me man, my new exhaust is coming to me tomarrow, blitz realise tt, i have the blitz nur spec, and now that i have wheels/suspension on it, i need ground clearance, which the nur spec has minimal.

be careful with that.

we tried to route the exhaust on sabrina's 240 UNDER the LCA, but she kept rubbing on shit. we had to go over like on the stock location.

ummm..... what kinda 240 does she have, the stock exhaust did go under the LCA right next to the driveshaft the whole way, thats why theres a HUGE lump in the rear sway bar.

i dont know the name for the bend, its not a crush bend, as that always leaves little creases in the small side of the bend.... but it shure as shit isnt mandrel..... no-one in spokane has a mandrel bender..... gay.

Quoted post[/post]]
ummm..... what kinda 240 does she have, the stock exhaust did go under the LCA right next to the driveshaft the whole way, thats why theres a HUGE lump in the rear sway bar.

i dont know the name for the bend, its not a crush bend, as that always leaves little creases in the small side of the bend.... but it shure as shit isnt mandrel..... no-one in spokane has a mandrel bender..... gay.

gotcha. maybe there are two versions of routing?

hers is an 89, no sway.

ahhh.... base model then? cause mines an SE.

ill post a better pic of the underside later today.
and a further away shot.

there is only one place that does mandrel bending here.. and that happens to be the exhaust shop i use..

:thumbsup: .. looks good

I had one of those on my honduh.

It was raspy sounding - how does it sound w/your KA??

Back