1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Saabaru

Discussion in 'Auto Multi-Media' started by JermBizzle, Jul 22, 2012.

1. JermBizzle

JermBizzle Active Member VIP

As most of you probably know by now, wrecked the Fit. It was totaled, would have cost nearly 10k to repair...insurance valued it at over 15k still, so even beyond the grave, the Fit was still good to me by holding it's value. Seriously gonna miss that car, I would recommend a Fit to anyone looking for a car that size...

Enter the Saab. Went up to Baltimore last night and stayed with family, got it this morning from a private seller. Drove the 430-ish miles home without so much as a hiccup. Car is amazing on the interstate...Fit was nice but not made for long trips, Saab rides great for what it is...very comfortable and the extra power makes it easier, too.

It's called the 9-2X Aero. There's a Linear model also (non-turbo), and Aero (Turbo). They were only made in '05-'06. The '06's are more desirable of course since they got the 2.5 but fewer than 300 manual trans cars were made. I found a nice one in CA but I think what I went with will be fine.

It's all Subaru Wrx, power train wise. All Saab did was upgrade the interior (heated seats/etc), add more sound deadening and put a Saab front end on it. They also added the STi steering rack for better response.

Just thought I'd share that info since most aren't even aware of these cars...don't think there's another in the tri-cities, either way I really like it so far. Don't have big plans for it as it feels fast right now. Just want to open up the intake and exhaust to hear her breathe. That'll satisfy my inner ricer for a little while at least. No major mods currently besides some bushings and an anti-lift kit for the front suspension.

Pics from the seller:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. FLounder

FLounder power hungry VIP

cool car, i like it because its different. And the WRX is a blast to drive. Im thinking some different wheels could improve the looks.

3. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

i like the wheels!

i always always liked this better than the WRX wagon. granted, it looks more old school / legacy style subaru, but saab always seemed to be alot nicer inside.

4. double0Si

double0Si ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) VIP

Liking the wheels as well though another set wouldnt hurt. I'd do the intake exhaust bit, de-badge it, and rock the hell out of it.

Nice upgrade! :thumbsup: You gonna fight the urge to sticker the shit out of this one being that It's a little more classy of a ride?

5. JermBizzle

JermBizzle Active Member VIP

Just ordered a downpipe, uppipe and catback. Yeah not gonna stickerbomb this, don't think it would look right. That's not saying there won't be a few though.

6. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

Sucks about the Fit, but this is a definite upgrade

7. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

You also have aluminum rear lower control arms and more rear travel. That's about all that's different between the WRX and the 9-2x. I got to beat up on a few of them at a Saab comparison drive event when they first came out.

8. invisibledemon

invisibledemon Bored Moderator VIP

i love the way these look.

saab def compliments the body styling of the wrx.

nice grab, would love to own one of these.

9. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

hope youre planning to tune that. it isnt like hondas where you can slap on IHE parts with no tune.

not sure if the Cobb AccessPort works with that vehicle but its the most plug-n-play tune option available. plenty of flashing files to choose from.

10. Airjockie

Airjockie Watanabe Whore!!!

I'd toss two kayak's on it and call it a day.

11. invisibledemon

invisibledemon Bored Moderator VIP

what if he already has kayaks? :ph34r:

12. double0Si

double0Si ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) VIP

They've got ointments for that.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted