The sadest storie you will ever read

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

j2smalls

This is the life over here. This is an email from my nephews over here.

I had a bad night the other night. One of my friends died. I work in Iraq so it happens. I guess. That doesn't take away the sting of it or the sadness or the anger, I'll tell you that. When I heard the explosion that ultimately ignited a very intense fire that engulfed my friend and gave him an impossible chance of getting out, I didn't know what it was or where exactly it came from. I was the guy in charge of the men working on the job site so I made a few calls to the Nepalese and Sri Lankan guys who were working the gates and got nowhere. I was interrupted by the guy in charge of the overall night operations and told that whatever happened, happened out on the road and may have involved one our teams out there. There are teams of guys who travel up and down the main road we use to get to and from the work site to the livng quarters. I was doing this job until a couple months ago when I was promoted out of the job and moved into my newer "safer one. The calls for a guy named Rob kept coming but his answer never did. I quickly made my way out to the front gate and waited to see what would happen over the next minute or so. Would Rob finally call in that he was okay? There was some confusion as there always is and so I decided to grab one of the Nepalese guys and go out there and try to find Rob and see what had actually taken place. We loaded up and drove quickly down the road to find the site of the accident or whatever it turned out to be. I saw one of the guys from Rob's truck on the side of the road getting treated for what looked like an eye injury. I didn't see Rob. I then saw a burning vehicle. Not the kind from the movies that explodes and the hero narrowly escapes without harm. This was intense heat that kept you from getting close enough to really see what was in the vehicle or who for that matter. It took two showers to get the smoke out of my hair and I don't have much hair. I looked around the bushes and kept looking hoping to find Rob laying down unconscious and grab him up and take him to the medic for treatment. But then, there it was. The visual of a human skull that seemed to be peering out of the flames. It seemed to be a skull but we really couldnt tell right away. There were a couple of other guys who had shown up, some from the work site and some from the compound where we sleep and eat a few miles away. We all tried to get close enough to see what was in the front seat but the fire kept us at bay. Although I think we all knew much sooner than we wanted to admit. Rob was right in front of us, burning into the front seat and there was nothing we could do and nothing he could have done to change this gruesome scene before us. The fire trucks showed up and sprayed all the water they had on the truck but still the flames were intense and the fuel in the truck was burning along with the the other oils and fluids and the incendiary device that was used to ingnite the explosion, so we kept our distance. The medic on site told me that what I was viewing was his fat cells burning like little capsules of oil. His torso and skull were the only parts of his body left.

Over the next several hours and the next day I kept spontaneously tearing up. I went from sadness to anger and back several times that night while we waited for sunlight to shed something, only it could, on the surroundings. It's been three days, his memorial is tomorrow. I bet there will be more tears.

Rob had run over a freshly placed I.E.D. along a road we all travel everyday. He was killed by men he never saw and who probably never saw him.

His attackers were watching. They were in the distance hooting "allah akbar". The enemy is known - They were Muslim extremists. Know your foe.

But that's not where the list ends. The list goes on. The people that make these deaths are more than the mislead and evil martyrs. The enemy is found in everyone that calls for civil liberties for these pig fuckers. They come in the shape of John Murtha, Ned Lamont, Nancy Pelosi and the long list of pro-terrorist government decision makers who scream for us to leave this terrorist swill hole. They want us to leave and let these assholes win. To regroup, to re-arm and attack with greater numbers and capabilities.

If we leave, the IED will be on the US road. It's happened in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, India, China, South Korea, the UAE, Egypt and other friendly areas. Areas that never fought the onslaught of radical islam because they were afraid to offend.

The US Military is the only wing of US Influence right now that has not been neutered by an insane rejection to identify the enemy. To know that we are present in the Middle East, and elsewhere, to ensure that this enemy never rises like it has in Denmark, France, Spain and even England. The people in our armed forces make sure that terrorists fail - that the native people of Iraq, Afghanistan and others have a purple stain on their fingers - They have voted for a leader and that leader stood tall with the support of the US Military. We have attacked the enemy in a way that no other army in the world has - and we are winning - and we continue to win.

When I see Americans and others around the world ... Angry at our troops for what they do to weed out an invisible enemy - like the Marines that will not get the death penalty for the deaths of a suspected (And still suspected) family of Jihadists. These people call for their death and rally in the streets in support of Hezbollah (Who still hasn't returned the Israeli soldiers) and in support of Hamas. They cry at the wounded or killed US Soldier - but they cry crocodile tears.

They have no clue what is going on. They have no clue of who the enemy is. I'm glad you do, and I'm glad that you have brought this story to light.

-> Steve

Thank you. Your right not alot of people think that we are doing the right thing and then others think that we should have not done it any other way. It makes me fell good when people you dont even know write you a letter thanking you for all we put up with and thats what keeps us going.

hes right j2smalls. know your enemy. i know it must be hard right now. i cant imagine. you cant let anything steer you away from what you think is right. I'm sorry this has happened to you and it brings me anger just by reading it.

It brings me anger that people dont understand war. The same poeple that ones rallied and yelled, ''out lets kick some ass! U.S.A is gonna open a can of whoop ass!'' some of those are the same crying to get our troops out. War is not a can of whoop ass. war is WAR. people will die. If you want to win you have to have a cold heart. its either them or you. there is no trying to work it out. Thats the people who keep there hands clean's job. You, the proud soldier must do what it takes keep yourslef alive.

a salute to you and your army.I dont know you but you still are my brother. keep your head up and gun forward. Its not about who's got balls. its about how bad do you want to stay alive. There is no redo. once you die.............you die.

salute

Your right I know that I am here for a good reason, and thank you. I love what I do and I have seen that what we are doing over here is helping the people of Iraq.

Back