The Sammiches thread that used to be Chunk Norris Jokes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So are we going to do a sandwich contest?

I'd be down.

I can haz cheezburger, but idk if I wantz it...
IMG_0384.jpg

Never had a pastrami sandwich. Hell, IDK if Ive ever even had pastrami...

oh and the format of the entries should go as this....

-ingredients
-preparation of the sando
-what makes the sandwich so special
-3 picture maximum

To the winner of this contest, I will bestow our nations highest honor:

sandwich.png

Im not writing a damn essay on why my wich is the best lol. If the pics dont win it, uFail.

haha okay fine. forget the "why you think your sandwich is special" part. but i would like to know ingredients and prep because we cant taste the sandwiches. id like to know what special touches people do to make their sandwiches that much better. mayo may just look like regular mayo but if you add minced garlic and a dash of cayenne pepper, i wanna know about it!!!

What's the sammich shop down in San luis obisbo, that carves their pastrami right off the block, and onto your sammich? I haven't been there in years, but everytime I see a pastrami sandwich I'm reminded of that shop...

I just ate a spaghetti sammich. On 1/3 loaf of french bread. It was a big loaf. And a gigantic sandwich. I'm stuffed silly and now have the hickups. More booze ftmfc. (cure)

No pics, though.

I just ate a spaghetti sammich. On 1/3 loaf of french bread. It was a big loaf. And a gigantic sandwich. I'm stuffed silly and now have the hickups. More booze ftmfc. (cure)

No pics, though.

Whats that big ass bacon creation you made a while back? That thing looked like a haevenly expierence(SP?). lol.

i made a disgustingly delicious sandwich last night. bleu cheese, egg and hot sauce sandwich haha

DSCN1138.jpg

and yes, i was drunk

BEHOLD!!!! My official pastrami sammich entry!!!!

DSC_0265.jpg

DSC_0263.jpg

Here we have a steamed pastrami, on homemade 1/2 white 1/2 wheat bread (made the previous night) Topped with melted Provolone, Roma tomatos, fresh lettuce, and a spicy mustard/mayo mix, with just a touch of dill. And a homemade spicy dill on the side.
My drink of choice to accompany this masterpiece of a samich was a Deschutes Brewery "Mirror Pond Pale Ale"

You may notice a 2nd sammich in the background.. prepared the same, only non melted cheese. and Sweet Tea was the preferred drink to compliment it.

DSC_0262.jpg

DSC_0260.jpg

DSC_0257.jpg

DSC_0256.jpg

All photos were taken with a Nikon D50, auto mode
ISO 400, with a shutter speed of 1/60s
aperture ranging between 4.2 and 5.6

Last edited:
It's hard living in a town with so many brewerys to choose from... On the plus side you get free samples with every tour! :happydance: And the dock sales!!!!!! :drinks_drunk:

Back