The search is over.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
Today was a hectic day...hell...this week was hectic.....the last month was hectic.....But....The work is almost worth it.

All month, I've been searching the net for a house...it's was a process that started months ago...but with my bad credit and lack of funds.......it was still only a dream to have a place to call my abode. I worked my ass off trying to get a car done, while also trying to get a house to move into so I can actually build more cars, have something of my own besides tools and car parts...and not have to pay friggen rent anymore. Anyway's...I just wanted something with a garage, away from the Ghetto, and something in a nice quite neighborhood to make some noise in.....with out the landlord to tell me I can't do certain shit like doing swaps for money or car maintenance on other peoples cars for money...and I wanted a super nice house for the wife to live in and so she would be happy and stress free.

Months and years have passes for this dream to become a reality...I almost gave up, and thought of just sending the wife back to Japan and me to just crash in a one bedroom apartment just to save money...but I couldn't bare the loneliness. As for what happened...I wanted a house...and I searched...but no money or support or credit..it was a hard search. Then something happened, and all of a sudden we have money...and a chance. So now was the time to jump on it. So I was Yahoo-ing a few real estate places, and stumbled onto many possibilities..so I emailed a request to look at a house or two...

I kinda got stupid lucky...it must have been the right time of year or something....but we went and looked at a few houses and there was always something wrong, or it needed a lot of work, or it was in a bad neighborhood.....so one week of driving 45 miles one way everyday to look at a house or two was hurting the gas on the Z...but it was a good drive. Anyways...After a few times lookin at cheap houses, we found a decent house that had no problems, no damage, everything is sweet, and the backyard is huge. But the house was too immaculent...and in a ritzy neighborhood. So we had to jump..and jump we did. After finding out that the house was on the market for nearly 5 months and no-body got it..I was worried, and then right when we found it, and got interested into it...2 other people also found it...so it became a bidding war. Who offers the most is the winner....

Now...for the loan.

Bad credit...not good...big down payment good...the place were looking at is $162,900...so I was a super worried if I can get it. I'm not sure if I had enough for the down payment or not...since all the other places needed 25% down....and well...I wasnt even close to that. But...we wanted this house that we found. so I guesstimated that we will go a little ove the listing price....and offer an extra $1000, and see if the martgage people will cover it......so I spent all day on the phone...calling eveyone from freind with houses, contacts from those freinds...all the way up to contacting the company from the real estate people....so I passed out, and woke up to a telephone call....I was not pre-qualified for the mortgage....I was pre-approved :p :p :p :p so that made my day...I had them send the fax to the agent , and I drove up there again.....and made the final offer....and with 3 people bidding on it...I had to go a little over the asking price....but only by $1000. I was pre-approved for $140K's..so if I didn't get this house then I can look for more in that price range.

So the paperwork is all filled out, and the offer is on the table for the owner to consider. The real estate person is suppose to call me tommorrow and tell me the good or bad news. So heres what the property I found is. It's basically a house, with a little land, comes with all the appliances, it's clean. nice yard, the garage will need to be rebuilt........at least to my spec's....it's just 4 simple walls, a gravel parking area, with a automatic garage door opener....but I will pave it, insulate, and fill it with all the shop tools I need to do a job on one car at a time....while the driveway is big enough to fit about 6 cars on.
A picture...only one for now....but I will take some more tommorrow ;)

N216527_101_12.jpg

anyways...I got a phone call tonight.

I got the house!!!!!!!

SWEEET!! CONGRATS MAN!!

i've heard you before saying that you really wanted your own house to get out of the ghetto and i am glad you finally something. congrats on the new purchase bro!!

so when ya having a house warming party with beer??

soon..very soon...when the deal closes...then a 3 kegger will happen.....a seperate moveing post will occure later ;)

Congrats man! That's a pretty nice looking pad. I've been dreaming of houses lately to but unfortunatly I haven't established enough credit..

Nice looking place, where is she located ??
and congrates , I know how much of a toll house hunting can put on ya.

Congrats on the house. I just bought a condo a few months ago and its the best feeling to own your own place. Just becareful and don't get into the trap I did with taking on too much renovation at once. Its just too expensive, and too much at once since I didn't take a construction loan out and I put 20% down on the place. Just remember to save some $$$ for stupid shit that will come up. The first few months are expensive, especially with utilites.

Clayton- Congrats big time man, i'm fucking pumped for you!!!!

what town is the house in? Is it perhaps a little closer to me- either way it looks fucking awesome mang- congrats again

Yup...Meriden...

Why...I have no clue...on one of our drives looking around...we drove thru that town..and the wife fell in love with it....plus...it's only about 15-20 minutes from work...so the commute isn't that bad....but the Z and the Jeep...with both of those cars wit 6 cylinders...it will eat up the gas money...so I'll se f I can ge the CRX up and running again and see if it's possible to make the trip with out hitting the boost too much...and try to see if I can get 24 mpg out of it...if not...then I'll just have to find a normal car for a daily driver.

And Jeef, we have a little still set aside for the first few months of the new venture....not much..but enough to get most of the set-up done....I hope. :ph34r:

it looks a ton bigger then that! nice find though!

shoot, for that much, here, you can get 1/4-1/2 acre lot, with a 2200 sq ft house :)

Originally posted by 90 accord@Nov 1 2004, 11:44 PM
it looks a ton bigger then that! nice find though!

shoot, for that much, here, you can get 1/4-1/2 acre lot, with a 2200 sq ft house :)
[post=410491]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, but arizona sucks. the end (in the words of B ) :p

Originally posted by Airjockie@Nov 2 2004, 12:59 AM
Yup...Meriden...

[post=410456]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey your pretty much my next door neighbor now, I live in wallyworld (aka wallingford)

The only thing your not going to really enjoy about Meriden is the Tax rate of 38mills
and the center of Town thru Downtown alot of I think I'm a thug I'm badass I live in a samll city downtown idiots live in that area. All of the outskirts of Meriden that boarder other towns is nice. If you need tour around town or after a descent pizza joint etc.. int the area feel free to ask.

Back