The slushbox may be no more

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pics will be up tomorrow. I want to post pics with and without the bumper on. But like I said, no where near as bad as I originally thought. As for the grammar police, I'm usually really good about it but blackberry+my fat thumbs, I fucked up a little. No harm, no foul.

What kills me is I'm at work doing nothing when I could be checking it out. Can't even do it at work because my car isn't here.

Last edited:
That's like me on the ipod touch.

fat fingers + little buttons = HELL

Pics will be up tomorrow. I want to post pics with and without the bumper on. But like I said, no where near as bad as I originally thought. As for the grammar police, I'm usually really good about it but blackberry+my fat thumbs, I fucked up a little. No harm, no foul.

What kills me is I'm at work doing nothing when I could be checking it out. Can't even do it at work bc my car isn't here.

I used to be like that on my blackjack, and I got used to it eventually but then on my Iphone. I'm a pro. Its either, I've gotten used to it, or it types the word for me after I butcher it.

I used to be like that on my blackjack, and I got used to it eventually but then on my Iphone. I'm a pro. Its either, I've gotten used to it, or it types the word for me after I butcher it.
Nah, I'm decent at it. Typing that entire thing fast I only fucked up one word. My biggest concern with it was my first bill. Wasn't sure what internet option I chose and was freaking out that I went over. Thank god I decided on the unlimited. My bill would have been ugly otherwise. I'm addicted to it. But pictures tomorrow. Would have got them up today, but like I said, didn't drive it to work today.

Enough with the phone talk, make with them pics already. :D

Doesn't look too bad here, but the bumper is cracked under the license plate
I1.jpg

Headlight is pushed back and hood id pushed down here
I2.jpg

I3.jpg

See the problem here? Yup, slightly bent in the front
I4.jpg

I5.jpg

Driver side headlight mounting tabs(all four) broke off, but actual headlight housing is cool. I'll have to figure out a way to mount it up temporarily.
I6.jpg

Damaged goods
I7.jpg

Driver side fan also sounds like a baseball card in a bike wheel when it kicks on. Luckily the two fans are powered separately so I just unplugged the driver side for now. I'm in a good mood though. Removing the bumper had a few snags that allowed me to justify buying a Craftsman rotary tool. Needed it for two stripped bolts and the license plates bolts that are rusted, stripped, and need to be replaced.

So tomorrow everything goes back together with a little modification and customization. Basically make it functional for now and if I feel like taking a crack at bodywork later, I'll handle it then.

Who knows, maybe a JDM front clip is in this car's future. New front end, a "fresher" motor, and a transmission swap in one shot...

that doesnt look bad at all, but i never look at integras for very long, so i wouldnt know if the headlights were even backwards.

Thats not bad at all. 2 winters ago I slid my hatch into a parked car. The repair bill was $2500 and it still didn't get totalled. I needed a new hood, fender, bumper, headlight, and rad. support. It was messy.

damn is that a ef? whats left looks like it was fucking mint...

lol all this fuss over a cracked light and bumper? core support and shit ok?

Core support is bent. I really have no idea how I didn't damage the radiator. But I got extremely lucky. I was looking on the way home and the majority of the other barricade things were mostly metal and concrete. Could have been much worse for the car and myself. As for those expecting carnage, did you miss the part where I said the car still runs, drives straight, and isn't leaking as far as I could tell? I made the original post at work right after it happened. It seemed much worse in the rain.

I would also like to point out that it is technically fucked up. If a body shop fixed this thing new it would be expensive as hell and insurance might even try to scrap it.

sorry slush - don't mean to threadjack so i'll do this quick:

At least its in one piece.
88part3.jpg

:eek: literally - if you could have seen my face when i saw this picture. and i now have heartburn (didn't mix well with my chimichanga).

Dacheats gonna cry.

i just .... yeah i can't really come up with a reason for why the rest of the frame and car would look so good but this would be done to it anyway. i'm going to try to forget i saw this.

:(

slushboxteggy - i hear you on the damage to your car - it isn't visually awful, but it's a little bit of damage to a lot of parts, and when ins. companies value our cars less than we do, you're totally aware of the fact they may 'total' it out - but i think the good news here is, who cares if they do - take the check and keep driving her - she's still a beaut, just needs a lil TLC on the front ;).

Back