The snowmobike?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
This conceptual design easily falls into the category of coolest damn thing of the year. This motorcycle is equipped with tank-esque treads to turn it into an all-terrain mobile. This design was created by Germans, Oliver Keller and Tillamn Schlootz, for the 2006 Michelin Challenge Design.
More: Hyanide Snow Bike Mobile Concept - Gizmodo

hyanide_main_485.jpg

yeah, i'll plop down $20k for a snow bike that doesn't turn. right. ok.

The Hyanide is also capable of making sharp and fast turns with a advanced turning system that bends the entire frame of the bike to properly make turns. For the guts, the Hyanide is powered by a 60hp 500cc liquid-cooled single cylinder engine that could product a top speed upwards of 85 mph. It currently only exists as a one-fifth scale, non-functional, model. Surely there is a company out there willing to tackle this revolutionary idea. Honda, anyone? – Travis Hudson

Weaksauce.

Looks cool as hell, but can it really out-perform the snowmobile?? Is there a need for that thing?

60HP, 85 top end... Sounds like its as fun as my civic cx. :p

Not to mention the damn thing doesnt exist yet.

eh, one thing a snowmobile lacks is the ability to turn on a cleared surface, like a driveway or roadway

this thing looks like it could go just about anywhere too...

would i buy one? no, i have a snowmobile :)

Back