The step by step how to,

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
Tech level 10

Tools needed

Window cleaner
Paper towels, or newspaper

First you start by cleaning the application surface....

s40855e8f72bff.jpg

Next you want to carefully choose location, as this will determine final output power...

Then careful remove the JDM rear panel to expose the high performance adhesive

Once you have the locatoio secured and prepped, carefully line up the exterior location, and hte HPA side, and apply, using several pounds of pressure in a back and forth motion over the non stick side of the panel.

Once it is in place, carefully peel back the HPA film...

s40855fabd94cb.jpg

Now sit back and wait for the ladies to flock to you jock...

s408560a957e53.jpg

wouldn't you want to pick the location first, then clean area? :p

Originally posted by asmallsol@Apr 20 2004, 08:10 PM
wouldn't you want to pick the location first, then clean area? :p

True, but I cleaned a large area to begin with, to facilitate any sudden changes that might occur during installation.

You forgot to add that the alignment has to be perfect or else your car might start driving crooked...

Originally posted by Calesta@Apr 20 2004, 08:41 PM
You forgot to add that the alignment has to be perfect or else your car might start driving crooked...

Good point, I am getting corner balanced, just in case though.

:werd:

If you add more stickers on one side of the car, you can get your weight distribution perfect. Just make sure to use a scale for all the stickers first, then place them in perfect position when you're on the corner scales.

Sticker balancing >>> road course suspension setup.

:lmao:

Originally posted by civic15.8@Apr 20 2004, 11:45 PM
so how much down force did you gain from this and how much hp to the wheels did you get. :ph34r:

nice stickers

We haven't dyno'ed em yet, but we're exepcting that the whites light refraction will offset any loss of surface thermal power, and by installing them on the sides, we have effectively created a forward inertia through rear sweeping turbulence. The guys at Mugen have been onto this for years. I mean look at the design of their decal for the side, wind tunnel tested, can't go wrong stealing info from the best.

i had lots of problems putting my sticker on the civic.

of course, it had to do with rain-x being on my rear window. no wonder it wouldn't stick.....

:eek: I don't know, looks kind of technical for my blood. I wonder how much something like that costs being so so much indepth.

Damn, I'll stick to blue printing and balancing motors and let the professionals handle that stuff.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Apr 21 2004, 12:57 AM
:eek: I don't know, looks kind of technical for my blood. I wonder how much something like that costs being so so much indepth.

Damn, I'll stick to blue printing and balancing motors and let the professionals handle that stuff.

Pfffttt....amateur :roll:

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Apr 20 2004, 05:59 PM-->
civic15.8
@Apr 20 2004, 11:45 PM
so how much down force did you gain from this and how much hp to the wheels did you get. :ph34r:

nice stickers

We haven't dyno'ed em yet, but we're exepcting that the whites light refraction will offset any loss of surface thermal power, and by installing them on the sides, we have effectively created a forward inertia through rear sweeping turbulence. The guys at Mugen have been onto this for years. I mean look at the design of their decal for the side, wind tunnel tested, can't go wrong stealing info from the best.

:woo:

No wonder they're so fast...

Back