the story of two shoes....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
The last time I bought shoes I bought two pair, both the same brand and model, only difference was 1 was greenish the other one was a redish color on the N and outlines of some areas.

When I get to work the first thing I do is go into the office and change into my shoes (I leave a pair at work) After my day is done I go back into the office and swap my work shoes out for my outside of work shoes. once again both shoes are the same brand/models

so one pair gets worn 7 days a week. mon-fri to and from work, then on the weekends everywhere. the other pair gets worn only at work and never outside of work. on mon-fri.

Index of /twoshoes

check out the pictures of the poor work shoes =( keep in mind these shoes are only around 4-5 months old. Just tonight I retired them =( Im showing you pictures of my work shoes VS the everyday outside of work shoes.

I wish I knew how many miles I put on my feet a day.

BTW I only retired them becuase they started to make noise when I walked. =( I was hoping for another month or two lol. and FYI I do replace the insoles midway thru the shoe life so they at least feel some what ok on the feet.

and another thing, with out a doubt the best show I've ever owned was new balance. I've had issues with nike, adidas, and saucony, I've even had shoes come apart within 1 month of buying them. I think Im on my 6 or 7th pair of new balance 470/471 shoes.

oh yea, i forgot. and how the hell do you get away wearing those kind of shoes. every restaraunt i have worked in has made everyone wear black shoes.

Seriously. I have to wear shoes with a nonslip sole. I tear through workshoes like mad as well....waiting tables = lots of walking. I've been wearing my all black Chucks since the insoles on my gay SFC shoes are completely flattened.

werd.

my non-slip dockers are fubar'd.

I put my rockports on the other night, that I used to wear when hosting upfront and stuff when I was younger, and when I was going in the back waiting tables and running dishes and stuff I was almost on my head numerous times.

I definately need new shoes, the non slips are almost worn through and are practically as bad as the completely flat rockports.

lol...i know exactly what you mean...i used to work at zaxbys as a cook...my shoes got fucked!!!!!!!

MikeBergy said:
Seriously. I have to wear shoes with a nonslip sole. I tear through workshoes like mad as well....waiting tables = lots of walking. I've been wearing my all black Chucks since the insoles on my gay SFC shoes are completely flattened.
SFC shoes suck, they always hurt my feet, but after getting used to the non slip, i almost ate shit when i wore some etnies one day.

Screw big name food places that have rules. Haha. I work at a private owned restaurant and we can wear whatever the hell we want. as long os our shirt is mostly black or red. We can wear whatevr pants or shoes we want. I love wearing my pumas and sliding on the newly mopped floors. Just like ice skating.

importjdmcivic said:
Screw big name food places that have rules. Haha. I work at a private owned restaurant and we can wear whatever the hell we want. as long os our shirt is mostly black or red. We can wear whatevr pants or shoes we want. I love wearing my pumas and sliding on the newly mopped floors. Just like ice skating.

haha, i used to do that back in HS when i worked at Jack in the Crack. i wore some old adidas all the time and there was always oil on the floors. i'd get running and slide everywhere, lol.

Our dress code is, Khaki colored shorts or pants, red poloshirts on the floor, green polo shirts in the kitchen, (I have lots of different colored shirts since Im the manager) and, Tennis shoes.

jeffie7 said:
I get away with it since Im the manager bahahha. suckas!
You still have a boss, Jeff, just like I do--I'm a manager, but if I get yelled at, my employees get yelled at: it's called "Shit rolls downhill."

meh...i cant beleve i actually looked at the pictures. soo bored...and good lord homeboy. I just had to retire the Airwalk shoes i bought in 8th grade. As a junior in college, that is heartbreaking.

Havok said:
You still have a boss, Jeff, just like I do--I'm a manager, but if I get yelled at, my employees get yelled at: it's called "Shit rolls downhill."
Not when you run the place =) If Im not there then the boss has to pick up the pieces. That means no golfing, no vegas trips, no FL runs, no....

you get the point. =)

I switched to vans about 3 years ago and haven't looked back. I use up a pair a year, but I wear em everywhere.

Back